YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship

<< < (13/32) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on December 20, 2016, 07:15:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 08:45:09 AM ---Wow, 7 suspended players for JMU. Starting WR and LB are 2 of them.

--- End quote ---

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 1st Annual United Cannabis Corporation Suspension Bowl, live from Frisco Texas. 

GO GUINS

--- End quote ---

Except they don't lose any starters

DavedS:

--- Quote from: dirtydukes on December 20, 2016, 09:17:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 08:45:09 AM ---Wow, 7 suspended players for JMU. Starting WR and LB are 2 of them.

--- End quote ---

They were all suspended before NDSU - our 2nd string LB came in and had 16 tackles.  The guy who made the game winning catch was our #1 WR's backup. 

As for your DLine, we've faced some pretty good ones this year - UNC, Villanova, UR, supposedly SHSU (but lol) and NDSU.  I'm excited to see how our OLine does against you.

As for the 06 game, I understand taht you guys felt we were disrespectful, but I've never been around a bigger group of sore winners than you all.  Our walk back to the bus was full of people cursing and throwing things at us.  After you won.  So I understand where a lot of the animosity from JMU fans comes from.  It also came from us being a defacto #5 seed and getting sent to the #4.

--- End quote ---
I wish I would've known about people cursing and throwing things--I always felt that was always unacceptable behavior--after witnessing the ignorant JMU fans for a few hours I felt that behavior by our fans was kinder than they deserved--every fan base has its class fans and a$$holes--these "fans" were in a league of their own.If we acted like that in Virginia I'm sure if we got out alive we would be lucky.

peteonastick:
First it is Suspension Gate, now it is Ticket Gate.

GO GUINS!

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 20, 2016, 05:20:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 04:08:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: DavedS on December 20, 2016, 03:50:06 PM ---Is the rumor true about 7 JMU players being suspended?

--- End quote ---

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

--- End quote ---

Does anyone know for sure that our 5 suspended players are not going to play for the championship game? I don't know if this has anything to do with the suspension. The academic semester is officially over the day after the EWU game. We are now technically into the next semester.
However, I thought someone on this board had suggested that the suspension would last for 6 months or half a season into next year. Is that true?

--- End quote ---

Marijuana is 6-months ...everything else (non-steroid) is one year. This is mandatory. The NCAA only recently reduced it to 6-months. I will go out to NCAA.org and find it for us.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 20, 2016, 11:58:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on December 20, 2016, 05:20:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 04:08:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: DavedS on December 20, 2016, 03:50:06 PM ---Is the rumor true about 7 JMU players being suspended?

--- End quote ---

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

--- End quote ---

Does anyone know for sure that our 5 suspended players are not going to play for the championship game? I don't know if this has anything to do with the suspension. The academic semester is officially over the day after the EWU game. We are now technically into the next semester.
However, I thought someone on this board had suggested that the suspension would last for 6 months or half a season into next year. Is that true?

--- End quote ---

Marijuana is 6-months ...everything else (non-steroid) is one year. This is mandatory. The NCAA only recently reduced it to 6-months. I will go out to NCAA.org and find it for us.

--- End quote ---

Fan, thanks. I thought the suspensions might have been implemented by the university (just like that suspension placed on Lee Wright which ended after the regular season). Too bad, we could really use those 2 safeties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version