YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship

<< < (11/32) > >>

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: dirtydukes on December 20, 2016, 09:17:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 08:45:09 AM ---Wow, 7 suspended players for JMU. Starting WR and LB are 2 of them.

--- End quote ---

They were all suspended before NDSU - our 2nd string LB came in and had 16 tackles.  The guy who made the game winning catch was our #1 WR's backup. 

As for your DLine, we've faced some pretty good ones this year - UNC, Villanova, UR, supposedly SHSU (but lol) and NDSU.  I'm excited to see how our OLine does against you.

As for the 06 game, I understand taht you guys felt we were disrespectful, but I've never been around a bigger group of sore winners than you all.  Our walk back to the bus was full of people cursing and throwing things at us.  After you won.  So I understand where a lot of the animosity from JMU fans comes from.  It also came from us being a defacto #5 seed and getting sent to the #4.

--- End quote ---

Dana Holgorsen of WVU said something along the lines of our DE were as good as he's seen, so yeah probably better than the likes of Nova and UR. I hope they are healthy and you can judge for yourself.

I have no tolerance for it, but even you have to admit that the post game treatment had to be the result of the in game antics, at least to some degree. No offense but biggest jerks I've seen short of GaSo, and that was in the 90's.

The 2 TD board nonsense sounds like there are some bitter pills left unswallowed.

dirtydukes:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 20, 2016, 09:53:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 08:45:09 AM ---Wow, 7 suspended players for JMU. Starting WR and LB are 2 of them.

--- End quote ---

They were all suspended before NDSU - our 2nd string LB came in and had 16 tackles.  The guy who made the game winning catch was our #1 WR's backup. 

As for your DLine, we've faced some pretty good ones this year - UNC, Villanova, UR, supposedly SHSU (but lol) and NDSU.  I'm excited to see how our OLine does against you.

As for the 06 game, I understand taht you guys felt we were disrespectful, but I've never been around a bigger group of sore winners than you all.  Our walk back to the bus was full of people cursing and throwing things at us.  After you won.  So I understand where a lot of the animosity from JMU fans comes from.  It also came from us being a defacto #5 seed and getting sent to the #4.

--- End quote ---

Dana Holgorsen of WVU said something along the lines of our DE were as good as he's seen, so yeah probably better than the likes of Nova and UR. I hope they are healthy and you can judge for yourself.

I have no tolerance for it, but even you have to admit that the post game treatment had to be the result of the in game antics, at least to some degree. No offense but biggest jerks I've seen short of GaSo, and that was in the 90's.

The 2 TD board nonsense sounds like there are some bitter pills left unswallowed.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what in game antics you mean?  Mickey was always animated, and our fans were loud and supportive of our team.  If anything, there were some calls that went the home team's way, as is to be expected. 

I'll be honest, I think we win by a lot.  It's no disrespect to you guys but going in and dominating NDSU in the FargoDome has given us a lot confidence.  Of course, that's why you play the game. 

For me the biggest deciding factor is that no one has shut down both sides of our offense all year - if someone keys in on the run we throw like crazy and vice versa.  A wet day where it's hard to get a handle on the ball sure would change my opinion. 

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: dirtydukes on December 20, 2016, 10:11:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 20, 2016, 09:53:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Not sure what in game antics you mean?  Mickey was always animated, and our fans were loud and supportive of our team.  If anything, there were some calls that went the home team's way, as is to be expected. 

I'll be honest, I think we win by a lot.  It's no disrespect to you guys but going in and dominating NDSU in the FargoDome has given us a lot confidence.  Of course, that's why you play the game. 

For me the biggest deciding factor is that no one has shut down both sides of our offense all year - if someone keys in on the run we throw like crazy and vice versa.  A wet day where it's hard to get a handle on the ball sure would change my opinion.

--- End quote ---

What's a lot?
And how much money do you have?
I will be there so you and I can settle the bet there.

Madisonman:
No one has stopped Khalid all year and I don't see that changing Jan. 7th.

Buddy:
EWU said the same stuff last week...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version