YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship

<< < (5/32) > >>

DavedS:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 17, 2016, 11:04:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: bulldogg on December 17, 2016, 11:01:12 PM ---Hi, Penguins. JMU fan here. I look forward to a great game in Frisco. I was rooting for you against EWU because I remember vividly our last meeting in 2006.

--- End quote ---

Welcome bulldogg, that game in 2006 was something. It was the only time I saw one of our fans chased out of the stadium by the cops.  :o

--- End quote ---
i was at that game--wasn't it one of our posters that the cops tried to harass?

peteonastick:
There will not be a radio show tomorrow - they are moving it to the week before the game.  Also - I see on the JMU site they are starting their ragging on Bo and the state of Ohio and the city of Youngstown - If I remember correctly, they were the most ignorant fans about Youngstown and Ohio from when we beat them in 2006.  I would expect the same from many of them since they think their s*** doesn't stink and believe they are the chosen ones.  They will be trolling soon. 

GO GUINS

Madisonman:
Congrats on an incredibly gutsy win!.....the cold, the comeback, the catch.....really something else. I was rooting for you because I dreaded playing against EW and their passing game, esp. that Cooper Kupp dude but it looks like you guys have a pretty good balanced run/pass attack, kinda like us.
I imagine we will be favored, esp. after we stunned the champs in their terror dome in Fargo. We fans can get overconfident, I just home the team doesn't! What are ya'll going to do to stop Khalid?!

IAA Fan:
Let's remember that JMU has a new coach. It was that Mickey Matthews that came in here in 2006 with the mouth. Their fans were loud but good. We were just not used to having opposing fans making noise when we have the ball. He was upset that he had to travel, but he needs to realize that this was the TV game for ESPN2, so they picked two clubs that might not have normally faced that early. YSU is remarkably-well set-up for media. Matthews post-game commentary was rude an unacceptable ...lose with some class. How could you insult a QB, especially that just beat you?

DavedS:
I sat in the middle of the JMU student section during that playoff game, they were extremely loud until near the end of the game when you could hear a pin drop when my big mouth was momentarily silent.Most of their fans were extremely obnoxious also but I half expected that at their age--their coach Mickey Matthews was a complete jacka$$.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version