YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship

<< < (28/32) > >>

Dukester:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on December 27, 2016, 04:13:19 PM ---Does anyone know the 7 players suspended by JMU?  Do they compare to our 5 who were not only starters, but significant starters in most cases.  How about the depth of JMU compared to YSU to replace those suspended?  Also it appears that the YSU starters were suspended due to testing by the NCAA.  Any word on the JMU suspensions and their source of the suspensions.  I know that most of this is conjecture since all programs do not release names, let alone reasons and sources of suspensions.

--- End quote ---

5 of our 7 players out were occasional back ups at most.  We did lose one of our top receivers, and our leading tackler for the year.  Certainly players we would like to have, but those are two positions we had plenty of depth.  Those players were both in rotations....

The difference our offense poses for you guys is that it is both good passing and running.   Before the  suspension of our WR you could argue it's both the best running and passing game JMU has ever had. 

Are defense struggled at times earlier in the season, especially covering receivers.  Your recipe to a win would likely be running the ball, and eating up the clock.....  Our pass coverage of late has been pretty good.  Ask SHSU. 

Guinfan1990:
JSU thought they had a good defense too. so did EWU.

Dukester:

--- Quote from: Guinfan1990 on January 03, 2017, 11:04:18 AM ---JSU thought they had a good defense too. so did EWU.

--- End quote ---

You're right - just because we played well against SHSU and NDSU means nothing.   JSU and EWU accomplished the same.....

dirtydukes:

--- Quote from: Guinfan1990 on January 03, 2017, 11:04:18 AM ---JSU thought they had a good defense too. so did EWU.

--- End quote ---

How does this relate to our game? Jesus, I'm tired of you pengus hiding behind this.  We heard the same exact thing from NDSU fans... "Oh everyone thinks they can knock us off".   Does anyone on here actually talk football?

KilrpengWin:

--- Quote from: dirtydukes on January 03, 2017, 01:01:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

How does this relate to our game? Jesus, I'm tired of you pengus hiding behind this.  We heard the same exact thing from NDSU fans... "Oh everyone thinks they can knock us off".   Does anyone on here actually talk football?

--- End quote ---
Before you throw stones take a look at your board! I was going to post before I saw one of your posters asking the almighty why they had to play a team with the likes of Bo as coach and Jim Tressel as president? Who do you think you are anyway? Notre Dame? Clean up you're own board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version