YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship

<< < (22/32) > >>

Penquin68:
Does anyone know the 7 players suspended by JMU?  Do they compare to our 5 who were not only starters, but significant starters in most cases.  How about the depth of JMU compared to YSU to replace those suspended?  Also it appears that the YSU starters were suspended due to testing by the NCAA.  Any word on the JMU suspensions and their source of the suspensions.  I know that most of this is conjecture since all programs do not release names, let alone reasons and sources of suspensions.

penguinpower:
They beat NDSU with their missing 7.  They lost a starting OL and their #2 receiver.  Theyou were able to beat NDSU without them.  Our losses are far more impactful.
--- Quote from: Penquin68 on December 27, 2016, 04:13:19 PM ---Does anyone know the 7 players suspended by JMU?  Do they compare to our 5 who were not only starters, but significant starters in most cases.  How about the depth of JMU compared to YSU to replace those suspended?  Also it appears that the YSU starters were suspended due to testing by the NCAA.  Any word on the JMU suspensions and their source of the suspensions.  I know that most of this is conjecture since all programs do not release names, let alone reasons and sources of suspensions.

--- End quote ---

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 27, 2016, 04:32:29 PM ---They beat NDSU with their missing 7.  They lost a starting OL and their #2 receiver.  Theyou were able to beat NDSU without them.  Our losses are far more impactful.
--- Quote from: Penquin68 on December 27, 2016, 04:13:19 PM ---Does anyone know the 7 players suspended by JMU?  Do they compare to our 5 who were not only starters, but significant starters in most cases.  How about the depth of JMU compared to YSU to replace those suspended?  Also it appears that the YSU starters were suspended due to testing by the NCAA.  Any word on the JMU suspensions and their source of the suspensions.  I know that most of this is conjecture since all programs do not release names, let alone reasons and sources of suspensions.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
There's also another way to look at this. J.M.U. just got past Richmond in the regular season 47-43. Richmond goes to E.W.U. and gets SHUTOUT. This gives me reason to believe our offense should produce in a big way in the championship game. I'm not sure where I would rank the C.A.A. Overall in terms of strength, but I still have the Missouri and big Sky 1 and 2

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on December 28, 2016, 08:25:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 27, 2016, 04:32:29 PM ---They beat NDSU with their missing 7.  They lost a starting OL and their #2 receiver.  Theyou were able to beat NDSU without them.  Our losses are far more impactful.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
There's also another way to look at this. J.M.U. just got past Richmond in the regular season 47-43. Richmond goes to E.W.U. and gets SHUTOUT. This gives me reason to believe our offense should produce in a big way in the championship game. I'm not sure where I would rank the C.A.A. Overall in terms of strength, but I still have the Missouri and big Sky 1 and 2

--- End quote ---

Keep in mind that Everett Withers left Ohio State and recruited their athletes.  He couldn't put it together  (similar to Eric wolford) but Houston was able to get it together and they too have show dramatic improvement on the defensive side of the ball.  As a matter of fact, their defensive performance and our offensive performance have mirrored each other in the playoffs.  Richmond was not prepared for the cold weather and when thy got behind in the game they folded like a cheap suit. 
I like our chances, but we cannot make mistakes with this team and the safeties made huge mistakes during the Eastern Washington game.  2 of those mistakes cost us in touchdowns.  JMU presents a different challenge because they are more balanced.  I think this will be a tough game and we will need improvement.  We will need to shut down their run game and get to the QB.  Based on what I saw against NDSU it will be difficult to do, but I like our DL.  I think this one will be close, but it is difficult to Gage when we don't play anyone in the CAA.  I think the top of the CAA is just as good as the MVFC because they play better defense than the top of the Big Sky (Just my opinion) however, the MVFC is better top to bottom.  Bottom feeders of the CAA will not challenge the top teams whereas the bottom of the MVFC can beat the tophone on any given Saturday

Wick250:
Comparing results of the Richmond game with JMU and EWU has very little value because Richmond by the start of the playoffs had endured ridiculous season-ending injuries to 11 starters including their stud quarterback.  They might have been healthy when they played JMU.

I fully expect JMU to be at full strength on their offensive line.  But if they must play without their tackle who was out against NDSU and without their center who was injured during the NDSU game, I like our chances at controlling the trenches. 

Our fate will probably rest with our offensive line.  These guys rolled up over 200 yards on the ground against at least three teams (UNI, Jacksonville State, Wofford) that were, at the time, giving up less than 100 rushing yards. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version