YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FB vs EWW: In Game Thread

<< < (35/36) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on December 18, 2016, 11:43:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 18, 2016, 11:14:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on December 18, 2016, 07:30:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguin8797 on December 18, 2016, 11:15:25 AM ---Any injury info? How is Jody Webb? It looked like he sprained an ankle and was on the sidelines wearing a coat during the final drive, but it looked like he was on the field for the last play.

--- End quote ---
Not only was he on the field, he was wide open for an easy TD!  Hunter just didn't look dead left.  Oh well, I guess we just have to live with the best play in the history of YSU!

--- End quote ---
Hunter saw the coverage wrap his arms around Rader and he tossed it. That should have been a flag and a TD signal. Not to coin a phrase but is was a perfect storm

--- End quote ---
Somebody should ask that guy why he didn't throw a flag!  That was the most blatant pass interference I've seen in a long time.

--- End quote ---
According to the postings by the EWU fans, refs did not throw the flags against YSU during the game was because " they were afraid of Bo". If that was true, there should have been at least 6 flags thrown at that last play to please Bo.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 19, 2016, 07:05:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on December 18, 2016, 11:43:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 18, 2016, 11:14:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on December 18, 2016, 07:30:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguin8797 on December 18, 2016, 11:15:25 AM ---Any injury info? How is Jody Webb? It looked like he sprained an ankle and was on the sidelines wearing a coat during the final drive, but it looked like he was on the field for the last play.

--- End quote ---
Not only was he on the field, he was wide open for an easy TD!  Hunter just didn't look dead left.  Oh well, I guess we just have to live with the best play in the history of YSU!

--- End quote ---
Hunter saw the coverage wrap his arms around Rader and he tossed it. That should have been a flag and a TD signal. Not to coin a phrase but is was a perfect storm

--- End quote ---
Somebody should ask that guy why he didn't throw a flag!  That was the most blatant pass interference I've seen in a long time.

--- End quote ---
According to the postings by the EWU fans, refs did not throw the flags against YSU during the game was because " they were afraid of Bo". If that was true, there should have been at least 6 flags thrown at that last play to please Bo.

--- End quote ---
I watched the game again last night with particular concentration on calls.  (BTW, we still won a heartstoper!)
If I had to make one general observation, I would say the refs "let them play".  I don't know if they thought the weather was enough of a problem that they would stay out of the way, but this was not a game "controlled" by the refs (ie. dominated by the refs)  We have seen several games this year where the refs thought we bought tickets to see them call the game, and it is boring.  This was pleasantly “unobstructed.”  But, in all fairness, it was called evenly.  The crybabies from EWU are just that, crybabies.  Are all the Big Sky teams that way?  After the way the big boys at NDSU stepped up with congrats etc. it was almost shocking to hear the whinning.

ysubigred:
Awesome win! Great for the state of Youngstown!!

GooooooooGuins!!!!!!!!!!

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on December 19, 2016, 09:09:15 AM ---Awesome win! Great for the state of Youngstown!!

GooooooooGuins!!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

We had Southland conference refs for the Wofford game as well I believe. They also "let them play" in that game, so it was nothing new.

That's my theory as to why SHSU puts up such gaudy numbers.

IAA Fan:
This crew was CAA. I think we had SLC against Wofford ... but they did not throw the flag on that last play? That was a HUGE blunder that could have easily cost us the game. The defender bear-hugged the guy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version