YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ex-YSU GUARD MARCUS KEENE LEADS NCAA D-I IN SCORING

<< < (2/3) > >>

ysuguins4:
I wonder if Keene is playing any defense this year.  Coach and his teammates used to get upset with that part of his game.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on December 13, 2016, 09:55:04 PM ---I wonder if Keene is playing any defense this year.  Coach and his teammates used to get upset with that part of his game.

--- End quote ---

Why would they get upset ? Jerry's team have never played ANY defense.

IAA Fan:
Guys this is a "who cares" topic.

goodnews:
ESPN article on Keene... 

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/116766/nations-leading-scorer-cmus-keene-on-pace-for-historic-season

IAA Fan:
From the article:

--- Quote ---“I knew I couldn’t play after college as a 5-foot-8 2-guard,” he acknowledged.

So he left.

Sure, there were immaturity issues -- off-court problems and times he clashed with the coaching staff. There was also a physical altercation with a teammate in practice when he was a freshman. But Keene said he grew from that incident and claims it had nothing to do with his departure.

--- End quote ---

All I get from this article is that coach knows hidden talent. We need to stop bringing back old news. Clearly he was young and wanted to be an NBA star & carried a bit of an attitude. Glad he may be growing up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version