YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Washington

<< < (15/25) > >>

ForensicEagle:
And perhaps it's worth pointing out that we beat a rushing offense better than yours quite handle earlier this year. Cal Poly knows how to run the ball better than most and as teams find out against eastern they got their yards but couldn't find the end zone nearly enough. This would be a good time to go compare redzone statistics I suppose.

Man I've been waiting all week for good football banter. It's always best in the playoffs when everybody has a good legitimate high ground to come from.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ForensicEagle on December 15, 2016, 09:57:34 AM ---If the passing game is affected, it'll be by your defense. Which is a fair expectation for a good playoff team.

These guys play in cold weather every year, including for the last few weeks. The cold isn't going to magically appear on game day. We'll have to find you thawing out of the ice in spring if you sit around at Roos field waiting for the eagles to be surprised by the weather they've been practicing in for weeks.

--- End quote ---

Take a breath bud you haven't been practicing in zero for weeks.

You should win. You are seeded, we are not. That's why they play the game.

If you don't think your boys will be affected by negative temperatures, I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

clawman:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 15, 2016, 10:13:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: ForensicEagle on December 15, 2016, 09:57:34 AM ---If the passing game is affected, it'll be by your defense. Which is a fair expectation for a good playoff team.

These guys play in cold weather every year, including for the last few weeks. The cold isn't going to magically appear on game day. We'll have to find you thawing out of the ice in spring if you sit around at Roos field waiting for the eagles to be surprised by the weather they've been practicing in for weeks.

--- End quote ---

If you don't think your boys will be affected by negative temperatures, I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

--- End quote ---
You are correct Happy, weather does have an affect. If nothing else it screws with your head. Watch during the game on Saturday. There will be a lot of guys huddled around the heaters focusing on how to stay warm when they should be focusing on the game. Human nature.

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: ForensicEagle on December 15, 2016, 10:10:58 AM ---And perhaps it's worth pointing out that we beat a rushing offense better than yours quite handle earlier this year. Cal Poly knows how to run the ball better than most and as teams find out against eastern they got their yards but couldn't find the end zone nearly enough. This would be a good time to go compare redzone statistics I suppose.

Man I've been waiting all week for good football banter. It's always best in the playoffs when everybody has a good legitimate high ground to come from.

--- End quote ---

You gave up 342 yards rushing to Cal Poly. You give up that many on Saturday you lose

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: clawman on December 15, 2016, 10:22:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 15, 2016, 10:13:19 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
You are correct Happy, weather does have an affect. If nothing else it screws with your head. Watch during the game on Saturday. There will be a lot of guys huddled around the heaters focusing on how to stay warm when they should be focusing on the game. Human nature.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of, somehow Samford fans smuggled in propane bottles with radiant heaters on top of them. No idea how that happened we don't even let a can of coke or an umbrella in.

:o :o :o :o :o

Anyone that acts like all is well being outside for 3+ hours in a football uniform in sub zero temps is a bit off.

The weather will play a factor no doubt. In a sissy dome like NDSU not so much, except tailgating. What a great home field advantage they waste.I'd give them an extra 3 points on the spread based on psychological factor alone.

Just kidding, I know NDSU fans read here a lot. Or am I?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version