YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Washington

<< < (10/25) > >>

peteonastick:
I can't imagine throwing or catching a ball in 0 degrees. Worse yet is hitting the ground!  Need to get the chicken soup out on the sidelines like Coastal did against Montana a few years back.  Anything to stay warm.  0 does sound dangerous...but it is cold for both teams.  This is going to be a battle of mental toughness. 

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/coastal-carolina-preparing-for-frigid-football-game-at-montana/article_3e719ced-746c-5171-b3b2-57b11d17a347.html

http://m.ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/montana/football/article_a44607d3-7502-579f-938f-240d09805f9d.html

http://www.omaha.com/sports/cws/shatel-that-s-no-ordinary-joe-hanging-with-the-chanticleers/article_6cf98fbd-a673-5b94-95e5-b37923ce3e8c.html

GO GUINS!

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: HTOTYoungstown on December 13, 2016, 05:46:35 PM ---We have enough backs. I think we see Alessi. I also think we may see Webb returning punts, which may mean more McCaster and Alessi is needed. I'm not sure on a number of runs, but we need to control the clock. I think we should utilize quick passes to our backs and wrs as well, to bolster the running attack.
--- End quote ---

Bailey will probably return punts.  Secondary may be an issue against a prolific passing attack.  Guins are going to need Powell and Warfield to have good games.  I wonder if Hegedus may also be an option.  He was starting to get more playing time when he was injured in the UNI game.  Don't know how serious his injury was.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on December 13, 2016, 10:28:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: HTOTYoungstown on December 13, 2016, 05:46:35 PM ---We have enough backs. I think we see Alessi. I also think we may see Webb returning punts, which may mean more McCaster and Alessi is needed. I'm not sure on a number of runs, but we need to control the clock. I think we should utilize quick passes to our backs and wrs as well, to bolster the running attack.
--- End quote ---

Bailey will probably return punts.  Secondary may be an issue against a prolific passing attack.  Guins are going to need Powell and Warfield to have good games.  I wonder if Hegedus may also be an option.  He was starting to get more playing time when he was injured in the UNI game.  Don't know how serious his injury was.

--- End quote ---

Hegedus tore his knee up. Done for awhile.

HTOTYoungstown:
Powell has been playing well, granted pass defense may not be his main strength but I feel he can step it up when called upon.

Double ET:
Does anybody know if EWU is allowed to keep the balls warm with a heater on the side line? They could switch out to a warm ball every offense play to give them an advantage. Catching a warmer ball wearing good gloves might not be an issue for their passing game. Does NCAA have any rules on that? Could they not switch the warm balls for us when we are on offense?
I played soccer. It was very tough to kick the ball in 20 degrees weather. I cannot imagine kicking and punting the ball for distance in 0 degree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version