YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Washington

<< < (9/25) > >>

IAA Fan:
okay guys ...Let's get off the drugs issue and get on with the game. Let's assume we are without Ruiz this game.

I see a need to runt he ball quite a number of times. How man times are you thinking and will we have enough backs?

HTOTYoungstown:
We have enough backs. I think we see Alessi. I also think we may see Webb returning punts, which may mean more McCaster and Alessi is needed. I'm not sure on a number of runs, but we need to control the clock. I think we should utilize quick passes to our backs and wrs as well, to bolster the running attack.

ValleyTalk:
Time to put this mess behind us and focus on the fact we are playing in the NATIONAL SEMIFINALS with a chance to go to our SEVENTH FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, and EIGHTH all-time championship!

The first quarter is critical this week. Either get a big three and out on defense or ground-and-pound a 10-15 play drive on offense capped off by a TD. Either of those two things will get this team to forget about these distractions and more on winning a HUGE game for this program.

HTOTYoungstown:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on December 13, 2016, 06:54:21 PM ---Time to put this mess behind us and focus on the fact we are playing in the NATIONAL SEMIFINALS with a chance to go to our SEVENTH FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, and EIGHTH all-time championship!

The first quarter is critical this week. Either get a big three and out on defense or ground-and-pound a 10-15 play drive on offense capped off by a TD. Either of those two things will get this team to forget about these distractions and more on winning a HUGE game for this program.

--- End quote ---

Agreed in regards to 1st quarter. Don't want to fall behind early. However, I'd argue the 4th quarter will be the test. I expect a lot of clock control, take control late.

Wick250:
Can EWU launch an effective passing attack if the temperature is indeed around zero?  We don't know.  Even EWU does not know.  This will be an unprecedented experience at our level of competition.  Catching a hard-thrown football in that climate will be equivalent to trying to catch a large rock with pointed ends.

Can the YSU offensive line continue to be the stars of our playoff run?  Since the quarterback change, they have been scary good.  If they can continue to perform at this high level, the conditions clearly favor the better running offense.

Can anybody kick or punt a ball for distance in zero temperatures?  Can any scientist furnish us with this answer?  If not, special teams might be an adventure for both sides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version