YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Washington

<< < (6/25) > >>

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 12, 2016, 01:09:26 PM ---Yes Go Guins ...like all the teams from the Sky, they can sling the ball. What they have going for them is something most of the other Sky teams do not have ...a defense and a stupid red field. Nothing personal Eagle Fans but Blue, Red and Purple fields? The NCAA issues pages to make certain that fields are consistent ... yet permit something so atrocious ...I have never understood it.   LOL

Worse than playing on it is watching it. Especially on TV. Since both team can play in snow ...let's hope for a light dusting.  :)

--- End quote ---

I agree they can sling all over the yard. But to say they have a good defense is ridiculous.
Wofford is ranked #5 in total defense, we are ranked 11th. Eastern Washington isn't in the top 50. The shut out against Richmond was their first in 109 games

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 10, 2016, 10:55:12 PM ---Next Saturday on the red turf. 630pm on ESPN2. What a matchup this should be. They can score points with the best of em.
--- End quote ---

ESPNU.  The Friday game is on ESPN2.

go guins:
High 4 low -6
Damn global warming!

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 11, 2016, 02:35:49 PM ---Ruiz just became our all-time leading rusher 2-weeks ago ...that says a lot when you consider we are a strong run team historically and  have put backs into the NFL. It speaks even more of him to note that he missed and entire season with injury.
--- End quote ---

He is 2nd in career rushing yards and in all purpose yards.  He would have moved into 1st place in all purpose yards last week had he not been suspended the first half.  He missed a few games last year while nursing an injury, but he's never missed an entire season.

ForensicEagle:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on December 12, 2016, 01:23:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 12, 2016, 01:09:26 PM ---Yes Go Guins ...like all the teams from the Sky, they can sling the ball. What they have going for them is something most of the other Sky teams do not have ...a defense and a stupid red field. Nothing personal Eagle Fans but Blue, Red and Purple fields? The NCAA issues pages to make certain that fields are consistent ... yet permit something so atrocious ...I have never understood it.   LOL

Worse than playing on it is watching it. Especially on TV. Since both team can play in snow ...let's hope for a light dusting.  :)

--- End quote ---

I agree they can sling all over the yard. But to say they have a good defense is ridiculous.
Wofford is ranked #5 in total defense, we are ranked 11th. Eastern Washington isn't in the top 50. The shut out against Richmond was their first in 109 games

--- End quote ---

With all due respect, Penguin Ice.

Our defense has allowed 16ppg over their last seven outings which included 3 playoff teams and 24ppg over the year. I don't think you can even say that your own defense has allowed only 16ppg in the last 7. Granted Eastern is by no means a top ten defensive unit, but we play in a conference with the largest variety of offensive schemes and most of them extremely good at what they do (there is a reason the Payton award keeps making its way back to the Big Sky). Richmond folks spent a weak poking around our defensive rushing stats only to watch their rushing game crumble. It's not enough to look at points allowed or yards allowed. Take a peak at our schedule on GoEags.com and look at the trend of points allowed over the course of our season. This defense has figured things out, and in my humble opinion they deserve to be considered good, even if you can't make it to great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version