YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Washington

<< < (3/25) > >>

ForensicEagle:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 11, 2016, 11:21:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Buddy on December 11, 2016, 09:28:10 AM ---It's a dry cold!

--- End quote ---

LOL

What were the game time conditions yesterday Talon? I didn't get to see any of it.

How is the wind on a typical game day?

Looking forward to it. I have new polarized sunglasses on the way to help me cope with the most obnoxious field this side of Boise State. Did you guys have to make any special petitions to the NCAA to get away with that or is it simply a choice anyone could do at any time? Just kidding about the obnoxious thing, sort of.

Everything on the field will be red and white it should be interesting.

--- End quote ---

It was around 20 degrees yesterday, field was icy but cleared of snow. There was no wind to speak of, but that was uncharacteristic of games in Cheney. Typically at least 5-10 mph. I'd say it's usually significant enough that trying to face north when kicking is a legitimate game winning strategy.

And the inferno is on the OTHER side of Boise ;)

Color wise, I bet eastern comes out in their greys or blacks!

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ForensicEagle on December 11, 2016, 12:12:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 11, 2016, 11:21:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Buddy on December 11, 2016, 09:28:10 AM ---It's a dry cold!

--- End quote ---

LOL

What were the game time conditions yesterday Talon? I didn't get to see any of it.

How is the wind on a typical game day?

Looking forward to it. I have new polarized sunglasses on the way to help me cope with the most obnoxious field this side of Boise State. Did you guys have to make any special petitions to the NCAA to get away with that or is it simply a choice anyone could do at any time? Just kidding about the obnoxious thing, sort of.

Everything on the field will be red and white it should be interesting.

--- End quote ---

It was around 20 degrees yesterday, field was icy but cleared of snow. There was no wind to speak of, but that was uncharacteristic of games in Cheney. Typically at least 5-10 mph. I'd say it's usually significant enough that trying to face north when kicking is a legitimate game winning strategy.

And the inferno is on the OTHER side of Boise ;)

Color wise, I bet eastern comes out in their greys or blacks!

--- End quote ---

Black would look good IMO.

Im sure in person and on the field its not that big of a deal. The camera angles can be a different story I'm sure in live action we'll be fine. I've only ever seen a replay or two in succession so its a bit hard to adjust to.

The Inferno, I like that!

Kicking has been a problem for us since our starter got injured. Special teams were a strength for us coming into the season, and our coverage and return games are good. Place kicking used to be money in the bank. Not sure if you saw but we went 1-4 on FG, had a punt blocked and missed a PAT yesterday.

Welcome to the board guys

ForensicEagle:
Our kicking game is not particularly strong. We protect them from the tougher tries by going on fourth often. That gives Alcobendas the chance to be consistent in the tries he does get.

IAA Fan:
I have been to your neck of the woods several times Eagle and Talon (beautiful country) and I agree with your assessment on weather. However, Buddy and Happy are also right on the impact of Lake Erie on our cold. Very wet and the ball weighs a ton ...it is much colder here in NE Ohio. Great for kids to make snowballs and ride sleds though :) That being said we have many Florida and other southern and CA boys on the teams and we have not played FB this late into the season since 2006, so none of them have had the experience either. I am very proud of these guys.

ForensicEagle:
Who are your guys? What makes this team tick?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version