YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Washington

(1/25) > >>

ytownchief22:
Next Saturday on the red turf. 630pm on ESPN2. What a matchup this should be. They can score points with the best of em.

ysubigred:
Would be nice to hold these guys to 24!

talon38:
OK, so I'll get this started, yes, you'd love to hold eastern to 24 points or less, but lets just look at some stats which could be meaningless in a FCS semi-final game, and by the way, congrats to Youngstown State for their semi final appearance, awesome team.  In the last 7 games for EWU, the offense is at 38 points/game, and the Defense has allowed 11.75 points/game, 4 home and 3 road games.  So holding EWU to 24 points at home just wont happen, their lowest scoring point of the year was against Central Arkansas at 31 then Northern Iowa early in the year (Sept) at 34 points.  Other than those 2 games, the offense has scored 45,44,50,63,49,41,35,42,48,35, and 38 today against Richmond.  This is a Semi-final game with the 4 BEST in the FCS so the best football will come out.  EWU has lost there last 2 semi-final games AT Eastern in 2012 and 2014, so we are looking for some redemption.  The difference from those years to this years team, is EWU has a Defense.  In the years past, we just had to outscore teams, AKA: lost to Illinois State 2 years ago 59-46 cause we couldn't outscore them.  This team has learned from that debacle. 
Temperatures will be really cold for this game, highs of 9-12 degrees, but wind chills down to 0.  The best team with the fewest turnovers will win this game, but I do give EWU a 7 point home field advantage.  YSU will be a VERY tough opponent and should be used to cold weather and I'll discount the travel as the game is at 6:30pm EST.  May the best WIN and knock off the BIZON.  GO EAGS. 
Also, I didn't add EWU only loss this year was game 2 AT NDSU in 44-50 OT Loss.

Owlguin:
OMG, the high next Saturday at the game is forecast to be 3 degrees.

ytownchief22:
Our offense is going to need to play perfect in this one for a chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version