YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game thread: Guins vs Terriers

<< < (11/13) > >>

94Terrier:
Congratulations on a tough, hard-fought win.  Much respect for your program and staff.  Good luck next weekend against EWU.  And thanks for your hospitality on the fan board. 

Go Terriers!

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 11, 2016, 11:13:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 11, 2016, 08:57:34 AM ---Lot's of things in this game so I am just excited to walk away with one.

Wofford is a very good team and two things in particular hit me:

1. We never figured their offense out until the very end and I cannot believe we still won the game. Credit to the O and the D for that. They had the toss sweep that just killed every time.

2. The Wofford lines never fell until it very late in the game and at that point we had committed to the pass. Passing was the right decision. I mean we were bigger and faster, but we were not stronger.

Worried about Kennedy, especially with the weather impacting that groin. I still have all the faith in the world in him. Same thing with Hunter.

Hunter seemed to have no short touch on the ball in the first-half, so Martin Ruiz was REALLY missing in this game. He would have easily had 100+ yards. We needed his strength & speed badly. His absence was the only reason this one was as close as it was. That being said. McCaster took his game to another level & great job Kevin. Does anyone know what happened with Ruiz and are we past it? He only had the one run.

--- End quote ---

How can you have all the faith in the world on a kicker who went 1 for 4 AND missed a PAT? 10 points is kind of a big deal when you end up going double OT.

If we had lost most would be pointing a finger squarely at him, and for good reason.

--- End quote ---

No doubt Happy. I also award game ball to Connor ...that PAT came at such a crucial  time and he just jumped up and did it. I completely agree on the points and will add that they got a piece of 3  of our punts one cost us a TD. Hunter's INT cost us 3 more. So we also spotted the Terriers 10. Again, these are game that I think we would have lost in the first half of the season. Just shows that we are still maturing. Next week will be the toughest game of the season and do not have a chance without Ruiz.

penguinpower:
Two big plays.  The tipped FG at the end of regulation and the 4th down in OT.  That stands out to me

IAA Fan:
You know what I noticed Power, that the Terriers did not dare run outside the hatch-marks on the first half of the OT (most-likely because they had to worry about the FG) and we were lucky they did not as they probably would have scored a TD. That second series in OT was just shear desire on both sides. Hunter walked up on what was a sure run and tossed it. Then the defense just stepped it up.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on December 10, 2016, 02:49:14 PM ---Wells has been terrible.  Now you see the real wells.

--- End quote ---
one bad pass, you Wells haters are pathetic.  I think the final results speak for themselves.  I'm sure I will read your retraction later on in this blog! (sure)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version