YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game thread: Guins vs Terriers

<< < (10/13) > >>

IAA Fan:
Lot's of things in this game so I am just excited to walk away with one.

Wofford is a very good team and two things in particular hit me:

1. We never figured their offense out until the very end and I cannot believe we still won the game. Credit to the O and the D for that. They had the toss sweep that just killed every time.

2. The Wofford lines never fell until it very late in the game and at that point we had committed to the pass. Passing was the right decision. I mean we were bigger and faster, but we were not stronger.

Worried about Kennedy, especially with the weather impacting that groin. I still have all the faith in the world in him. Same thing with Hunter.

Hunter seemed to have no short touch on the ball in the first-half, so Martin Ruiz was REALLY missing in this game. He would have easily had 100+ yards. We needed his strength & speed badly. His absence was the only reason this one was as close as it was. That being said. McCaster took his game to another level & great job Kevin. Does anyone know what happened with Ruiz and are we past it? He only had the one run.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 11, 2016, 08:57:34 AM ---Lot's of things in this game so I am just excited to walk away with one.

1. We never figured their offense out until the very end and I cannot believe we still won the game. Credit to the O and the D for that. They had the toss sweep that just killed every time.

2. The Wofford lines never fell until it very late in the game and at that point we had committed to the pass. Passing was the right decision. I mean we were bigger and faster, but we were not stronger.

Worried about Kennedy, especially with the weather impacting that groin. I still have all the faith in the world in him. Same thing with Hunter.

Hunter seemed to have no short touch on the ball in the first-half, so Martin Ruiz was REALLY missing in this game. He would have easily had 100+ yards. We needed his strength & speed badly. His absence was the only reason this one was as close as it was. That being said. McCaster took his game to another level & great job Kevin. Does anyone know what happened with Ruiz and are we past it? He only had the one run.

--- End quote ---

How can you have all the faith in the world on a kicker who went 1 for 4 AND missed a PAT? 10 points is kind of a big deal when you end up going double OT.

If we had lost most would be pointing a finger squarely at him, and for good reason.

DavedS:
Vindicator said Ruiz was benched for unspecified reasons.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on December 11, 2016, 11:13:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 11, 2016, 08:57:34 AM ---Lot's of things in this game so I am just excited to walk away with one.

--- End quote ---

How can you have all the faith in the world on a kicker who went 1 for 4 AND missed a PAT? 10 points is kind of a big deal when you end up going double OT.

If we had lost most would be pointing a finger squarely at him, and for good reason.

--- End quote ---

I understand what you meant about Kennedy 1AA and I agree. If he is still not 100 percent from the injury no doubt the cold was a factor. Glad we have a good backup.

HappyPenguin:
Post game call in show said Ruiz was first half suspension. Still doesn't explain him not playing second half really.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version