YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game thread: Guins vs Terriers

<< < (8/13) > >>

pennyguin1:
Wow! What a fabulous game. Wish I could I have been in the stands. We are on to the Final 4.

Wick250:
For those that are old enough to remember 1994, we followed the blowout win over Alcorn and McNair with a flat, lethargic performance against Eastern Kentucky at home in the next round.  We needed to drive the field in the last minutes to avoid an embarrassing loss.  You can't be sharp every game, and hopefully we have now got this performance out of our system.

All credit to the team for not folding after we gifted those 9 points in the first quarter.  And as OleFan just noted, the offensive line was excellent.  The defense gave up 150 of the 297 Wofford yards on that long run and the drive right after we had gone ahead late in the third quarter.  But they certainly rose to the challenge in overtime. 

In the past, Wells would often follow one mistake with several others.  He followed his interception today with three touchdown passes, and throwing into a serious crosswind is obviously difficult.  I will take it.

I believe this is our 12th playoff appearance, and we have now advanced at least into the semis on 8 occasions.  That is remarkable.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on December 10, 2016, 09:30:35 PM ---Lots of respect for that wofford team. That's a good football team. Seriously tons of respect. Fans seemed nice too.

--- End quote ---
My son pointed out after the game, except for 2 pass plays, Wofford ran the ball the whole game without a single holding call. Either the refs didn't call it or they were that good.

They have zero pass game. They know the are going to run. We know they are going to run. Yet, they were still able to run....amazing!

Usually, we had trouble running the ball if the other team put 9 in the box. We had to throw some long passes down field to loosen them up. Wofford was able to run the ball without the threat of a passing game.

pennyguin1:
Wick-I remember the Alcorn State game in 1994. I was in the stands. I was not in the stands the EKU game I believe my twin was, but I remember a last second drive. Good teams find ways to win. Just glad we are still playing on.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 10, 2016, 09:56:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on December 10, 2016, 09:30:35 PM ---Lots of respect for that wofford team. That's a good football team. Seriously tons of respect. Fans seemed nice too.

--- End quote ---
My son pointed out after the game, except for 2 pass plays, Wofford ran the ball the whole game without a single holding call. Either the refs didn't call it or they were that good.

They have zero pass game. They know the are going to run. We know they are going to run. Yet, they were still able to run....amazing!

Usually, we had trouble running the ball if the other team put 9 in the box. We had to throw some long passes down field to loosen them up. Wofford was able to run the ball without the threat of a passing game.

--- End quote ---

Just watched the replay 2 x ET and they are pretty good. I seen a few tackles from the Woffie O-line but not many. Also they did not cut block like I thought they would. Also, something I noticed, the Wofford D-line looked bigger than the YSU O- line ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version