Author Topic: over-rated  (Read 6475 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
over-rated
« on: December 09, 2016, 08:19:16 PM »
Sam houston and Jacksonville were ranked too high.  neither team should have been seeded.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: over-rated
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 09:01:15 PM »
Sam houston and Jacksonville were ranked too high.  neither team should have been seeded.
How could a seeded team got blown out 42-0 in the half? Clearly, there is something wrong with the ranking and seeding system.SHSU has the number 1 scoring offensive in FCS and they were shut out the 1st half. Who did they play in the regular season?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »
This game is a bloodbath.  These teams build great stats in crappy conferences, and then get stomped when they face a legit team.  The FCS needs to send the MVFC and a few teams from BSC and CAA to G5, and all of the rest to D2.  FWIW, JMU has a sweet stadium with a club level like you see in NFL stadiums.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »
The announcers said that Sam Houston did not play a team with a winning record until the end of the season.
65-0.  come on

Offline ysupenguins14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:09:55 PM »
Sam Houston may be one of the biggest frauds I've ever seen.  They look afraid to hit and I believe they completely quit once they got down by 21.  Such a shame.  In regards to Jacksonville State, I do believe they were ranked in the right position.  They were able to take care of business in their half of the bracket last year and made were runners-up.  Their only loss came down in Death Valley this year.  Unfortunately for them, they ran into a red hot Penguins team.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 10:29:43 PM »
JSU definitely benefited from being in the MVFC-free bracket in 2015.  It was outrageous to put all 5 MVFC teams on the same side.  2 of the MVFC teams were taken out by the other MVFC teams.  It was actually SHSU that JSU beat to get to Fargo.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:59:52 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 08:23:10 AM »
While other live in denial tht JMU is not the top team in the nation this year. Heck I don't care who it is, as long as someone takes out NDSU, so our division is not a laughing stock anymore. Let it be JMU, they have a new HC, so I am okay with it. Of course I would rather it be the Guins of course,u I do not want NDSU to even see the final

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
Holy sh**! You all in here talking sh** about another team losing when YSU didn't take care of their own business yet  :o Not even a concern what Sam, JMU, NDSU. SDSU, Richmond or EWU does.

ytowngirl

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 12:23:54 PM »
I watched most of the game.  All they did was talk up how great their passing game was etc etc.  Not only could they not catch passes the QB wasn't very accurate.  SHSU is definitely overrated.  Some of these FCS teams are getting stomped because they are in weak conferences.  Yet somehow SDSU has to go play AT NDSU and won the conference AQ.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 05:31:58 PM »
I guess we took care of business.  Is it alright that we talk about the other teams now
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:33:30 PM by YSU1 »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »
I guess we took care of business.  Is it alright that we talk about the other teams now

Yes sir NOW!! Sorry, I'm a little superstitious (Karma) :)