YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Wofford.

<< < (11/18) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: DavedS on December 06, 2016, 03:58:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on December 06, 2016, 02:28:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: DavedS on December 06, 2016, 02:07:56 PM ---Bo did say Ricky Davis is ready to go if they need him--I think he purposely is vague so it makes the opponents planning more difficult as to what to expect.

--- End quote ---
Bo never "says" anything.  You can sometimes read between the lines, but he never says yes or no.  The last 3 games, when we have really moved the ball, we have put in Nate Mays and used him to provide run options at QB.  Frankly Ricky is far better than Nate at this point in their careers, but any team playing YSU would have to prepare for a run option QB on at least a couple series, of if it's Nate or Ricky, I don't see much difference for the opponent.

--- End quote ---
In this case that is true but I do think that Bo purposely will be vague even about the minutest topics-its probably an instinctive habit--almost OCD-like.

--- End quote ---
I agree

IAA Fan:
Really good opening week Pressers today. Coach Bo explains how Wofford's option is different than a true triple ... use of wing and some true 2-back formations. He compared it to the old Fitch teams. Boy he sure has learned what makes the Ytown media's ears perk up.   LOL

Jody is just bursting with pride and Hunter is so candid, he comes right out and addresses his transitions out and back in. My respect for him just increased exponentially watching it. (not that it was ever down).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjWqY9-Xo2RdfmVximfhy5Q

IAA Fan:
I see where NDSU and JMU are the TV games this week. Had to expect that. The Dakota States get ESPN, while JMU v Sam Houston is on ESPN2. I was kind of hoping we would get ESPN2; but hey, we just need to win and get it in 2-weeks. I think JMU is the team to beat in that half;  they are really hot.

In fact, let's hope we take care of business and the Spiders defeat EWU, then we can grab a TV game at home!

ytownchief22:
Let's worry about this week ;)

94Terrier:
It's hard to convince the ESPN group to put such a small school as Wofford on TV.  Not a large fan base, small school, boring offense, etc.  They'll go with the bigger names with a better story line.  NDSU because they are the multiple time national champs.  JMU because of the history of the school.  Y'all would be a good TV draw because of your rich history in being the 4 time champs.  It's unfortunate that your draw in the playoffs is us from a TV standpoint.  You gotta think that one of the last times we played a prime time game, we got the crap kicked out of us by crApp St on Halloween,  by about 60 points.  Still have nightmares about that game.  Meanwhile, I'll watch the feed on E3 or stream it into the TV. 

Saturday can't get here fast enough!

Go Terriers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version