YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Wofford.

<< < (9/18) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
https://twitter.com/SEisbergWCIV/status/805251535601016832 Much respect for their Head coach and the adversity Wofford has faced

The YO Show:
After watching those two videos Fever, I have to say, I have a lot of respect for their head coach and the Wofford team. Eager to play against them in a clean game of football, as they are a very respectful and worthy foe!

94Terrier:
YO Show, I must say, Mike Ayers makes everyone who dons the Old Gold and Black very proud to e a Terrier.  I didn't play football, but I have to say I'd break down walls for that man.  He's no-nonsense in his approach to coaching.  He's about the student first, and the athlete second.  He realizes that most likely, his players will not be playing on Sundays, therefore the lessons these young men learn on the field translate to the real world.  When the team wins, he praises his players for their efforts and preparation.  When they lose, he and his staff shoulder the blame for not getting the team prepared.  He is quick to praise the opponents.  If you hang around after the game, you will notice that the entire team will remain on the field, win or lose, and give respect to the opposition in the playing of their alma mater.

Earlier this year, against a conference foe, one of our starting o-line was late for the game, because he had to drive 2 1/2 hours to take the LSAT. He got there in the second quarter and was inserted into the lineup.  First question Ayers asked him was how he did on the test. 

If there ere more coaches like Ayers, the world of college athletics would e a much better organization, and truly about the student, not the athlete.

Go Terriers!

GOpenZ:

--- Quote from: 94Terrier on December 06, 2016, 01:20:26 AM ---YO Show, I must say, Mike Ayers makes everyone who dons the Old Gold and Black very proud to e a Terrier.  I didn't play football, but I have to say I'd break down walls for that man.  He's no-nonsense in his approach to coaching.  He's about the student first, and the athlete second.  He realizes that most likely, his players will not be playing on Sundays, therefore the lessons these young men learn on the field translate to the real world.  When the team wins, he praises his players for their efforts and preparation.  When they lose, he and his staff shoulder the blame for not getting the team prepared.  He is quick to praise the opponents.  If you hang around after the game, you will notice that the entire team will remain on the field, win or lose, and give respect to the opposition in the playing of their alma mater.

Earlier this year, against a conference foe, one of our starting o-line was late for the game, because he had to drive 2 1/2 hours to take the LSAT. He got there in the second quarter and was inserted into the lineup.  First question Ayers asked him was how he did on the test. 

If there ere more coaches like Ayers, the world of college athletics would e a much better organization, and truly about the student, not the athlete.

Go Terriers!

--- End quote ---

Awesome +1

Z

go guins:

--- Quote from: 94Terrier on December 06, 2016, 01:20:26 AM ---YO Show, I must say, Mike Ayers makes everyone who dons the Old Gold and Black very proud to e a Terrier.  I didn't play football, but I have to say I'd break down walls for that man.  He's no-nonsense in his approach to coaching.  He's about the student first, and the athlete second.  He realizes that most likely, his players will not be playing on Sundays, therefore the lessons these young men learn on the field translate to the real world.  When the team wins, he praises his players for their efforts and preparation.  When they lose, he and his staff shoulder the blame for not getting the team prepared.  He is quick to praise the opponents.  If you hang around after the game, you will notice that the entire team will remain on the field, win or lose, and give respect to the opposition in the playing of their alma mater.

Go Terriers!

--- End quote ---
I'm sure you are right, but you might not want this story to get out.  You lose guys like that to bigger schools!
Nice to hear nice guys can finish first.  We know completely what you are talking about at YSU, as we have the poster boy for "students first" in Jim Tressel, who lead us to 4 national championships before leading Ohio State to one and now is back at YSU as our President!  Doing a remarkable job at that too!
Good luck, hope you finish a respectably second on Saturday! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version