YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs JSU Post Game thread.

<< < (9/10) > >>

IAA Fan:
I guess I must not have been watching the same YSU team as you Power. Coach Shane adjusts constantly and always has. Why don't you take a look at the last 8-years on NCAA.com or the MVFC site for our offense. Then look at our defensive numbers. They do not lie, nor validate your statement.

Any OOC team has no advantage because they are BOTH playing OOC. Coach Shane had the advantage because he had a better plan and made better adjustments. Also we played well on offense, something that has not been happening consistently over this year and last. JSU had two safeties in the game in the 1st and 3rd quarters. JSU did quite well against us in the 3rd, but coach Shane brought in a TE, pulled Ruiz and let Webb go end-around. Resulted in a FG. Then in the second series he put in Ruiz and Webb, hit Webb in space and got it in the end-zone.

My complaints in the game would be the number of times we had FG's instead of TD's ...3 (there was an additional that was a deliberate choice to kick long & I am not counting that one). Also we could have been up 28-7 by 2-minutes into the second quarter, but we were a bit conservative. That was his call to make. Also when we go up-tempo it really drains our depleted defense. However, Coach M clearly saw this and on the drive after our 3rd-quarter TD (the one that continued into the 4th quarter) and we had some breathing room, he went under center and we consumed over 6-minutes ... the remaining JSU drives were :35, :58 and :20 with 2 INT's and a 5 & out.

One thing that I liked was the way the JSU fans treated coach Bo. They honestly were impressed to see him, reached over the rails to shake his hand and I saw a few holding papers that I thought were asking for autographs. When Bo Saw that poster with "the many faces of Bo" he waved at them and they waved back ...biggest smile that I think I ever saw on Pelini's face. Other teams would have been rude.

You had better worry more about our inability to handle misdirection on defense, as the Terriers run the triple. We need to work on covering the pitch man. Our O line is going to have to get off their blocks quick if we are going to pass. However, I suspect coach M will try to push them and get a middle run game going. Look for Webb and especially Ruiz to be tough against the grain.

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on December 05, 2016, 04:57:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on December 05, 2016, 10:39:20 AM ---HappyPenguin, it is easier throwing to guys that are wide open, and Hunter hit them in stride!  Great call, great throw.  And with 8-9 guys in the box we still rushed for 200+ yards which says tons about the OL!  I was startled to see the stats of Wofford vs Samford.  They held Samford to 30 yards rushing....30!  We "held" them to 315.  This is going to be a tough game, make no mistake.

--- End quote ---

Go, are you saying we held Samford to 315 yards rushing? I noticed you said Wofford held Samford to 30 yards rushing. We held Samford to 24 yards rushing... but gave up almost 400 yards passing to Samford.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400926621

--- End quote ---

SORRY!!  I somehow got my schools mixed up between Samford and Jax.  Very confusing to read, but sub JSU for Samford and it makes more sense.

CockyGeek:
Thanks for visiting JSU! I hate I didn't get to meet anybody but I got there too late to tailgate. That crowd was pretty pathetic. I think it was 12,000 announced. There were probably really about 10k there including the students and the band and the people in the club and suites. It seats 24k and I've only seen it get close to that capacity twice since the expansion. It's normally pretty full during homecoming and band day, but we can't compete with Bama in the postseason.

Y'all handed us a complete butt whupping. JSU obviously wasn't prepared to make any kind of adjustments mid game. They've been used to having teams not being able to move the ball and then just coasting for four quarters. I was really impressed with all facets of your team. I think they've hit their stride and I'm cheering for you guys to go all the way. You guys have the most tolerable fans in the MVFC, by the way.

go guins:

--- Quote from: CockyGeek on December 06, 2016, 02:28:02 PM ---Thanks for visiting JSU! I hate I didn't get to meet anybody but I got there too late to tailgate. That crowd was pretty pathetic. I think it was 12,000 announced. There were probably really about 10k there including the students and the band and the people in the club and suites. It seats 24k and I've only seen it get close to that capacity twice since the expansion. It's normally pretty full during homecoming and band day, but we can't compete with Bama in the postseason.

Y'all handed us a complete butt whupping. JSU obviously wasn't prepared to make any kind of adjustments mid game. They've been used to having teams not being able to move the ball and then just coasting for four quarters. I was really impressed with all facets of your team. I think they've hit their stride and I'm cheering for you guys to go all the way. You guys have the most tolerable fans in the MVFC, by the way.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Not sure we're the "most tolerable" in the MVFC, but I am sure who the worst, most insufferable fans are.  I won't mention NDSU by name, but I'm sure you can guess!

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on December 06, 2016, 04:00:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: CockyGeek on December 06, 2016, 02:28:02 PM ---Thanks for visiting JSU! I hate I didn't get to meet anybody but I got there too late to tailgate. That crowd was pretty pathetic. I think it was 12,000 announced. There were probably really about 10k there including the students and the band and the people in the club and suites. It seats 24k and I've only seen it get close to that capacity twice since the expansion. It's normally pretty full during homecoming and band day, but we can't compete with Bama in the postseason.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Not sure we're the "most tolerable" in the MVFC, but I am sure who the worst, most insufferable fans are.  I won't mention NDSU by name, but I'm sure you can guess!

--- End quote ---

It is SDSU because they have an inferiority complex that goes with them.  There are just less of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version