YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

What Can We Do to Improve Football Attendance?

<< < (5/8) > >>

ValleyTalk:
Could beer be next at Stambaugh? I say next because beer is now being sold in Beeghly for the basketball games.

YsuPride:
I agree marketing stink's .    YSU lost its luster and has to win fans back.  Population in our area has dropped thousands in last 20 years and we are no where near the sports town we used to be.   Having games at noon, 2pm or 4pm are dumb. Night games are better.  Win and gt out of fcs would help.  We need to go to fbs.  Tons of factors for lagging attendance

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on November 28, 2016, 05:00:25 PM ---Could beer be next at Stambaugh? I say next because beer is now being sold in Beeghly for the basketball games.

--- End quote ---

Ohio State just started selling alcohol.  It would be a good idea but I don't think it would draw more people to the games.  Just more revenue.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on November 28, 2016, 09:37:49 PM ---I agree marketing stink's .    YSU lost its luster and has to win fans back.  Population in our area has dropped thousands in last 20 years and we are no where near the sports town we used to be.   Having games at noon, 2pm or 4pm are dumb. Night games are better.  Win and gt out of fcs would help.  We need to go to fbs.  Tons of factors for lagging attendance

--- End quote ---

Won't happen for awhile.

IAA Fan:
Still cannot agree Nation. The worst embarrassment of all would be to market yourself off of another school. If it even is legal, it a poor example to set. UT, BG, OU & SUNY would all ave winning records against us. Akron would be probably just above .500. Against Kent would have us just on the upside of .500, but not by much. Certainly this would change over time.

Playing at MAC schools would do zero for our attendance at home & that is what this is all about. It is the return game that draws interest and that is what we cannot have. So to heck with them. The entire conference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version