YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

JSU

<< < (9/16) > >>

penguinpower:
So has anyone had a chance to look at the stats when we run plays out of the shotgun?  I haven't had time but I may take a look at the game and evaluate the data.  I think that we scored on plays where we were under center only.  I think that all of the passes were completed when running under center.  I say we stick to that type of power game.  It is making a difference

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 07, 2016, 08:23:05 PM ---So has anyone had a chance to look at the stats when we run plays out of the shotgun?  I haven't had time but I may take a look at the game and evaluate the data.  I think that we scored on plays where we were under center only.  I think that all of the passes were completed when running under center.  I say we stick to that type of power game.  It is making a difference

--- End quote ---
I couldn't agree more Power the play action is really working !!

IAA Fan:
I think it needs to be a part of our offense, but the bigger plays have come off of the gun. I like the way we are mixing it up right now, it is so important to kind of "re-invent" yourself in the post-season. Just as JSU and YSU both did last week

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 08, 2016, 09:34:26 AM ---I think it needs to be a part of our offense, but the bigger plays have come off of the gun. I like the way we are mixing it up right now, it is so important to kind of "re-invent" yourself in the post-season. Just as JSU and YSU both did last week

--- End quote ---
I agree 100% with your assessment.  We have had a really great mix of plays, formations, etc. over the last 3-4 weeks.  Two thinks are VERY obvious to me.  #1 Pelini wants to have a run threat at QB.  #2 Montgomery is MUCH more comfortable with Wells at QB.  The alternating QB's will work for this playoff run, but frankly I'd be VERY surprised if both are on the YSU staff next season.  One isn't right and the other wrong, but they NEED to be on the same page.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 08, 2016, 09:34:26 AM ---I think it needs to be a part of our offense, but the bigger plays have come off of the gun. I like the way we are mixing it up right now, it is so important to kind of "re-invent" yourself in the post-season. Just as JSU and YSU both did last week

--- End quote ---

You are wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version