YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguin Game Day: Penguins vs. Bulldogs

<< < (10/12) > >>

YSUGO:
Turning point of game was the Schuler punt that went to their 3 yd line and we took control from there.  We were well prepared and made adjustments to their crossing pattern in the middle zone.  The 2 junk td's were what they were junk.  We let guys play that worked so hard all season and it gave them a chance to play in a playoff game.  No shame there.  Hunter is improving every week and Webb looked like he was faster than everybody last night.  Bailey made some nice catches as well.  I was watching our jumbo package and #88 made a few couple of crushing blocks.  I like it when the have #11 standing up it gives us a different winkle.   The drive to start the second half was a thing of beauty and that pass down the visitor sideline was a game breaker and Wells rolled out to do it.  Hell he even ran a few times.  No reason to be negative here the offense has improved and I think the cold wore Stamford down as well.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 27, 2016, 11:50:53 AM ---I tailgated all day. We all had a wonderful time.  Till we get rid of the deadweight in the marketing department nothing will change and we all know who that person is.  They knew they were competing with the Buckeye game and instead of avoided they should of embraced it and tied both games together.  We have lost the casual fans and the bandwagon fans.  We have lost population as well.  The demographics will represent why so few.  The media and print media are worthless.  The last thing is.  Cable tv and ESPN has destroyed attendance too.  This area having Power 5 conference overlap doesn't care either about FCS football and why should they.

--- End quote ---
The marketing department is worthless in promoting any YSU sports. Most of the time, I didn't even know the baskets get team was playing an home game.
For this playoff game, I follow the link to get information on the ysu sports website. It linked to a page that displayed the ticket information. In 3 seconds, it moved another page about other sports page. I backed it up to the page, in moved again before I could read it. After a few times, I was able to find the link it to view this page. It was about how students could get free tickets to the game. I was unable to get the information on how to get tickets until the next day. On Sunday, they only sold tickets to season tickets, penguin club members. Others had to wait till the next day. Why couldn't they sell tickets to the fans on their day off? How many fans got turned off with this policy without buying the tickets? I can see if the game was a potential sellout so you want to take care of your season ticket holder first. In this case, it was totally rediculous.

In many cases, the promotion required purchasing tickets a day before the game day and at the ticket office only. If they people want to come, sell them at the promotional discount at the door for the walkups.
They refused to give out faculty discount at the door. I asked for the reasons. I was told because they did not have the computer system to handle it. It has been 20 years and apparently they still have not figured it out ot care about it. I understand I could pay the full price like everyone else. However, they always complained that we didn't support our students at reduced price. Does it sound like they really try.

ytownchief22:
YSU has one of the worst marketing departments I've ever seen. Things wont change until something in that department does.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 27, 2016, 12:56:12 PM ---YSU has one of the worst marketing departments I've ever seen. Things wont change until something in that department does.

--- End quote ---
Not to belaboring the point, I had a team of STEM students entering into technical competitions against Akron, Case WRU, Cleveland State and Kent. Our students wore golf shirts proudly displayed the penguin logo, ysu and stem logos.

The following year, we had to remove the penguin logo at the direction of the marketing department since they owned the rights of the logo. Last time I checked, we are all belonging to the same university. Since the marketing is an entity of YSU and YSU actually owns the rights and not the marketing department. Furthermore, we had to remove all the Penguins logo from all the screens of our computers.

Somebody must be protecting these guys for them to have this kind of power within the university. IMO, our accomplishments in the college of STEM far exceeds the accomplishments of the athletes marketing department. We have figured out how to increase the enrollments of CSTEM every year and they can't even figure out how to sell a few more tickets.

Next time I see my colleagues in the marketing department of the Williamson College of Business, I should ask them to show them how it should be done.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: Double ET on November 27, 2016, 03:03:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 27, 2016, 12:56:12 PM ---YSU has one of the worst marketing departments I've ever seen. Things wont change until something in that department does.

--- End quote ---
Not to belaboring the point, I had a team of STEM students entering into technical competitions against Akron, Case WRU, Cleveland State and Kent. Our students wore golf shirts proudly displayed the penguin logo, ysu and stem logos.

The following year, we had to remove the penguin logo at the direction of the marketing department since they owned the rights of the logo. Last time I checked, we are all belonging to the same university. Since the marketing is an entity of YSU and YSU actually owns the rights and not the marketing department. Furthermore, we had to remove all the Penguins logo from all the screens of our computers.

Somebody must be protecting these guys for them to have this kind of power within the university. IMO, our accomplishments in the college of STEM far exceeds the accomplishments of the athletes marketing department. We have figured out how to increase the enrollments of CSTEM every year and they can't even figure out how to sell a few more tickets.

Next time I see my colleagues in the marketing department of the Williamson College of Business, I should ask them to show them how it should be done.

--- End quote ---

It's ludicrous they asked you to remove the logos. Well forced looks like a more accurate term to be honest. What could the point of that possibly be outside of an ego pump for them that they made you do what they wanted? How can the school allow this? You weren't profiting from it at their expense, you were showing pride in your school. I don't get it. What a disgusting slap in the face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version