YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguin Game Day: Penguins vs. Bulldogs

<< < (5/12) > >>

guinpen:
Ill St goes down, outscored 24-7 in the 4th

Double ET:
Our CBs are still having problems with athletic receivers. We all knew that they have to score fast and yet, we kept giving up long pass plays. Our CBs could never turn around to look for the ball. Our corners will get pick on again next week by a better team. Let us hope we won't give their QB time to look for the long pass plays.

The crowd was relatively small. But it is about the same size of the last two home games (although the announced attendance was much higher). I think we have about 6,000 die hard fans right now comparing to about 12,000 back in the early 1990s. I do not know if we could ever get them back. The younger generation has a lot other interests in the digital media and I am not sure if they are that much into football anymore.

ytownchief22:
I thought the secondary played pretty damn well. Later once the game was out of hand, they had some backups in and were playing soft coverage so I wasn't concerned. That's a damn good offense we shut down for 3 quarters. Offensive game plan was actually good for once. Now the real test....

HappyPenguin:
The guys on the post game call in show seemed to think Moss and Squiric both had a good shot to play next week.

Penguin Nation:
Interesting thread re: attendance on AGS:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?189496-The-annual-quot-wow-1st-round-attendance-really-sucks-quot-thread

I watched a few G5 games yesterday and the stands were embarrassingly empty at all of them.  It's a complicated subject as it involves marketing, scheduling, and the product itself.  You can't be in the playoffs once a decade and expect a loyal following.  You've got to earn it and build a following.  I see lots of pressuring and even shaming of ppl to go to the games, esp from radio commentators and on social media.  It hasn't worked, it's not going to work, and it's prolly counterproductive. I also don't see other schools doing it.  I think enough ppl paid to pay off the guarantee.  Keep winning and the fans will come.  If you don't keep winning, than you don't deserve them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version