YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Lee Wright LB is cleared to play Saturday!

<< < (2/7) > >>

guinpen:
As much as I would love to have him for the next 4 games, I would rather have him for 11 plus games next year

The YO Show:
Very confused.  :o

The semester isn't actually over so how is his suspension over?

"Wright’s civil complaint before Judge Sweeney said Wright had lost a full athletic scholarship to YSU and was barred from attending fall semester classes there."
(source: http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/aug/31/ysu-player-remains-suspended/).

I know he wasn't removed from the team though as it covers that too. But is he not ineligible if he isn't attending fall semester classes? I don't know enough about NCAA athletic eligibility, which is why I'm asking?

Also, if he is eligible, unless I really don't understand how eligibility works  ???, may as well let him play. He already redshirted, in 2013 at App State. He came here in 2014 and didn't play. He played last year as a redshirt Soph... so if he is losing this year of eligibility due to already having redshirted, and he is eligible  to play I say let him.

Can anyone confirm my assumptions on the situation above?

ValleyTalk:
2013 - Redshirt at Appy State
2014 - Redshirt Freshman at YSU
2015 - Sophomore at YSU
2016 - Would be junior season

Unless I'm missing something, he would be back next year regardless of whether he plays Saturday.

The YO Show:
That's what I was getting at too Valley. It seems like he is losing his junior season regardless and may as well play if he is indeed eligible while not taking Fall classes...

YSUGO:
Pelini said he did what ever was required to be reinstated.  He also stated he has been practicing with the team all season. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version