YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff

<< < (16/19) > >>

penguin8797:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 23, 2016, 10:30:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on November 23, 2016, 07:01:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: peteonastick on November 22, 2016, 10:10:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on November 22, 2016, 07:52:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on November 22, 2016, 05:56:22 PM ---Tickets in hand!

--- End quote ---
Got my tickets yesterday. I will be going with my 2 sons from out of town. We used to go to all YSU home games and playoff home games when they were growing up. We all remember the game against Nova when Goode made the fourth down catch and Wilkins nailed the field goal into the wind.
Go  Penguins.

--- End quote ---

Herb Williams - but love the enthusiasm!!

Go Guins!

--- End quote ---
You are right. I got those two guys mixed up.

--- End quote ---

There were the three famous 4th-down catches, I forget who was involved in two of these if anyone remembers:

1) in the 1997 title game that toss for the games only TD by Tidwell to Ray.

2) I think it against Marshall (but could have been Nova), where the 4th-down pass was caught about the 10. I remember he was completely extended and we thought he would land out of bounds. I was standing less than 10-yards away and I held my breath that it did not touch the ground.

3) The 4th-down toss that bounced of off 2 and was caught.

Can someone refresh me on 2 & 3? Stick or ET?

--- End quote ---

except the 97 touchdown to Ray was on 3rd down

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Just finished watching their overtime loss to the Citadel. They have speed and athleticism across the board and they are a good football team. Citadel had success with the triple option and getting their backs in space. I think we have the players to play man coverage aginst them. That along with a strong pass rush could make it very difficult for their Qb. I'm still thinking our best defense will be long sustained drives by our offense to give our defense the rest they will need to continually defend the pass. Carl needs to dial up a great game plan and I think he will. My pick 27-13 YSU

ValleyTalk:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

If the topic of the YSU game comes up today at your dinner, encourage everyone there to attend Saturday's game. If need be, show them the fantastic "hype" video produced by YSU for the game that has gone viral on social media (42k views in under 24 hours): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-heNMmLv0

There is definite enthusiasm for this game, but ultimately it doesn't matter if those people who are enthusiast choose to stay at home.

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on November 24, 2016, 10:42:44 AM ---Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

If the topic of the YSU game comes up today at your dinner, encourage everyone there to attend Saturday's game. If need be, show them the fantastic "hype" video produced by YSU for the game that has gone viral on social media (42k views in under 24 hours): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-heNMmLv0

There is definite enthusiasm for this game, but ultimately it doesn't matter if those people who are enthusiast choose to stay at home.

--- End quote ---

Heard 3800 tickets sold - hoping for a 1000 walk up.  Bad weekend all around for game - OSU, Thanksgiving, weather...hopefully loud 4000-5000 there.

GO GUINS!

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on November 25, 2016, 09:50:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on November 24, 2016, 10:42:44 AM ---Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

--- End quote ---

Heard 3800 tickets sold - hoping for a 1000 walk up.  Bad weekend all around for game - OSU, Thanksgiving, weather...hopefully loud 4000-5000 there.

GO GUINS!

--- End quote ---

Yikes....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version