YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff

<< < (8/19) > >>

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 20, 2016, 08:35:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: peteonastick on November 20, 2016, 07:47:26 PM ---Looking at the schedule of Samford - they beat playoff teams - Central Arkansas, Wofford, Lost to the Citadel by 3, Chattanooga by a touchdown, put 41 up against Miss. State.  QB has 33 TD passes and a receiver with 100 catches.  Our weakness is pass defense so they are scary in that department.  This reminds a little of Alcorn State game. 

GO GUINS

--- End quote ---

#11 and #9 are licking their chops.

Status on #9??

--- End quote ---

go guins:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on November 20, 2016, 11:45:22 AM ---FIRED UP!  Can't wait for Saturday!!  Getting the old feeling back!!

--- End quote ---
DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 20, 2016, 12:26:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: DoubleE on November 20, 2016, 12:17:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 20, 2016, 12:13:43 PM ---I think we match up well.  Samford first in SoCon in passing offense but last in rushing offense.  Next to last rushing D.  Looks like their offense centered around QB Devlin Hodges and WR Karel Hamilton.  Both lead most offensive SoCon categories.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2016/confldrs.htm

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2016/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2

--- End quote ---

So Sack Party ?

Anybody know if 11 is healthy?  We need Rivers and Kennedy in playoffs
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 20, 2016, 01:31:48 PM ---Snow Blizzard saturday anyone ?

--- End quote ---
NO. I understand the southern team, but if we need snow to beat Samford at home then we probably should lose,and I'm getting far to old for terrible weather games. (don't worry, I'll be there regardless!)

ysubigred:
Here is a response I received from a Citadel fan.

Samford has been pathetic at the run. They got it going a bit in a couple games including against us when Hodges took off with his feet (something he hasn't done much), but it was still under 100 yards in the game, total. They have run ok against weak run defenses but any kind of good D and they have issues. Passing on the other hand. They throw so many quick flat passes, that they are really just glorified running plays. Expect him to complete 40-50 against you. He doesn't throw interceptions very much. He has multiple good targets to choose from. He gets it off so fast sometimes that you will have issues getting sacks. And he always has the deep ball. It will be a good game. I would not let their loss this past week give you a false sense of security. Everyone has an off game. Unfortunately for them, they just had theirs when ETSU had a great game....AGS.

Take it for what it's worth. these quick little passes has been a thorn in the side of our "D".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version