Author Topic: In Show Selections  (Read 15617 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: In Show Selections
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2016, 01:53:21 PM »
IAA, I have disagreed with your scheduling ideals in the past, but the plan you laid out right there is a pretty good one actually. If we schedule a money game, the MVFC team we miss for the year, and one Duquense or Robert Morris type team, that is a good schedule.

It will still have lower years, but that will be based on the strength of the MVFC bye team for that particular year. Either way, it would be a compromise from what everyone complained about. That extra MVFC team would be like scheduling a good out of conference opponent most years, so it still will boost SOS for all that want it. We would still have a tune up game against a weak opponent, and we would still have a money game. Plus, as you mentioned, it would avoid committee issues with having an MVFC bye team ahead of us, because we would play them.

Not a bad plan / compromise for all fans.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: In Show Selections
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2016, 09:13:26 PM »
IAA, I have disagreed with your scheduling ideals in the past, but the plan you laid out right there is a pretty good one actually. If we schedule a money game, the MVFC team we miss for the year, and one Duquense or Robert Morris type team, that is a good schedule.

It will still have lower years, but that will be based on the strength of the MVFC bye team for that particular year. Either way, it would be a compromise from what everyone complained about. That extra MVFC team would be like scheduling a good out of conference opponent most years, so it still will boost SOS for all that want it. We would still have a tune up game against a weak opponent, and we would still have a money game. Plus, as you mentioned, it would avoid committee issues with having an MVFC bye team ahead of us, because we would play them.

Not a bad plan / compromise for all fans.

I don't want to watch those lower level games.  They are a waste in a season with few games.