YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Show Selections

<< < (4/7) > >>

DoubleE:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 20, 2016, 11:38:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 20, 2016, 11:32:24 AM ---Glad  ISUr in....birds going to make some noise in the post-season.

--- End quote ---
I agree..Do you think we should have been matched with the 6th or 7th seed with the potential 2nd round playoff game Nation?

--- End quote ---

They changed how they do bracketing now with confereces.

With NDSU and SDSU on the same side of the bracket this left any other MVFC teams against the other side of the bracket. Personally I would have rather had Citidal in 2nd round out of that group but to each their own.

DavedS:

--- Quote from: DoubleE on November 20, 2016, 11:25:06 AM ---Missouri Valley has to get 4 in, question was would it be illinois state or UNI

--- End quote ---
With a 5-6 record UNI had no chance.

DoubleE:

--- Quote from: DavedS on November 20, 2016, 11:57:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: DoubleE on November 20, 2016, 11:25:06 AM ---Missouri Valley has to get 4 in, question was would it be illinois state or UNI

--- End quote ---
With a 5-6 record UNI had no chance.

--- End quote ---

I dont disagree but crazy stuff has happened before

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 20, 2016, 11:38:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 20, 2016, 11:32:24 AM ---Glad  ISUr in....birds going to make some noise in the post-season.

--- End quote ---
I agree..Do you think we should have been matched with the 6th or 7th seed with the potential 2nd round playoff game Nation?

--- End quote ---

We are well situated.  Sure STFU would've been an early Christmas present from the committee, but both -DSU's are on the other side of the bracket.  No complaints. 

IAA Fan:
Just read the notes from the committee & they made it clear of 2 things:

1. OOC was not really taken into account until seeds and especially bubble. So our bid meant everything on the home game. Keep scheduling for wins. Additionally. ILS was in almost exclusively because of the FBS game & Sam Houston was so low because they did NOT play a money game. On the slection show he indicated that the loss does not mean that much ...so we need to keep scheduling a money game until they change the rules.

2. The seeds are the seeds. They were made well in advance. They new the xDSU's were going to meet earlier than expected.

3. No TV games in round-1 or 2. Guys we need out.

Things I read into his interview ... 1 they were prepared to take additional MVFC clubs, but they were most impressed by the SoCon this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version