YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball vs Toledo

(1/3) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Down 21 in the 2nd and lose in ot 103- 98

ucfpengbuck:
Cam had 40.  I think he only had 9 at half.   Latin Davis had 19 off the bench.   Donlan had a miserable game with 5 points and fouled out.  Starting forward  Rheem Williams hurt his ankle early in the game and YSU missed his play.

You're not going to win on the road when the home team gets 45 free throws to our 17.

ValleyTalk:
We cameback down the stretch without two starters in Donlan and Williams. Morse is unbelievable and Davis did a great job finishing buckets. Just can't dig huge deficits like that against good teams. They have the potential to be pretty darn good this year.

mudclods:
YSU came out cold & dug themselves a big hole, but played pretty even after that.  The game just had that feel when they were trailing by 14-18 that if they could ever get some stops instead of trading baskets they could get back in it.  Too bad they let it get to a 21-point deficit in the 2nd half, but it was an incredible run they went on after that.  I really thought once they got it to OT and especially built a 3-point lead they could hold it.  Nonetheless this team has a lot of heart and should win quite a few games this game.  Hopefully Williams injury isn't too severe.  Foul shooting is a concern.  Struggled in the first half against Akron and just 9-17 against Toledo.   

ucfpengbuck:
With 67 points in two games I think Cam Morse is leading the country in scoring.   Central Michigan and former YSU point guard Marcus Keene has gone for 32 and 30 in his two games which makes him number two in the country.

Hate to beat a dead horse but those two together would be a wrecking crew in the Horizon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version