YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UND to join the MVFC?

(1/3) > >>

Penguin Nation:
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4153166-report-und-negotiating-conference-move-missouri-valley-summit-league

"The University of North Dakota is in discussions with the Missouri Valley Football Conference and the Summit League about feasible timelines to leave the Big Sky Conference, according to text messages obtained by the Grand Forks newspaper."

I think this makes absolute sense in terms of the MVFC as a whole, particularly the (soon to be) four Dakota school members.  I wonder if there will be a ninth conference game each year once UND is added, which will add to our travel budget, but also increase our SOS.  If it happens, it makes YSU even more of a geographic outlier.  IMO, we're just biding time until the inevitable MAC implosion.

ytowngirl:
We need out of the MVFC soon.  Who gets excited to go to the Dakotas. 

ytownchief22:
Makes sense.

guinpen:
Take them, steal Eastern Ill and go to two divisions. We can drop the yearly games against the prairie schools

Wick250:
An eleven team football conference is unworkable.  As guinpen suggested, having twelve teams and two divisions, and for us much less far western travel, would be ideal.  The problem is there are no viable candidates for that twelve spot.  Eastern Illinois has no interest.  They left that absurd Summit League years ago and reduced their travel costs substantially.  They are a good fit in the OVC geographically (compared to the Summit) and competitively in football.  They can easily produce winning seasons (not this year) without much cost or trouble in a bad football league.  Don't think they have any dreams of a national championship.

I just wish Kent would come to their senses, leave the MAC and FBS football, and join the MVFC and the Horizon League.  Akron should too, but that debt-ridden delusional entity is a hopeless case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version