Author Topic: HUNTER WELLS  (Read 23693 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: HUNTER WELLS
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »
NDSU at YSU 2015:

NDSU won 27-24

PASSING   C-A   YDS   LG   TD   INT

Hunter Wells   9-21   104   33   0   0
Easton Stick   9-18   176   66   0   0

RUSHING YARDS:
Hunter Wells        2
Easton Stick        42
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
NDSU at YSU 2015:

NDSU won 27-24

RUSHING YARDS:
Hunter Wells        2
Easton Stick        42

Jody had a monster of a game. For whatever reason he doesn't seem to be having a good season by his standards.

We need speed again this year to grab yards in chunks. Maybe this is a breakout opportunity for Bailey or Townsend in the passing game or with gadget plays.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »
24-17 good guys. It is 110% in special teams and associated field position this week. More so that any game so far.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »
NDSU at YSU 2015:

NDSU won 27-24

RUSHING YARDS:
Hunter Wells        2
Easton Stick        42

Jody had a monster of a game. For whatever reason he doesn't seem to be having a good season by his standards.

We need speed again this year to grab yards in chunks. Maybe this is a breakout opportunity for Bailey or Townsend in the passing game or with gadget plays.

Sign of issues with the OL and poor blocking from the wide receivers.  They can only move the ball between the 20's
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:57:40 PM by penguinpower »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 06:12:34 AM »
NDSU at YSU 2015:

NDSU won 27-24

RUSHING YARDS:
Hunter Wells        2
Easton Stick        42

Sign of issues with the OL and poor blocking from the wide receivers.  They can only move the ball between the 20's

Last year is last year.  All I ask as a Penguin fan is to be where we are right now.  We are playing for first place in conference and a win gets us playoffs.  If you believe in Pelini when he starts Davis the same should be said whoever he starts.  I trust the coach on this one! 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 08:45:32 AM »
NDSU at YSU 2015:

NDSU won 27-24

RUSHING YARDS:
Hunter Wells        2
Easton Stick        42

Spot on analysis. I think the switch to Wells is helpful here. Again special team will be 110% of this game ...we need field position.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »
I'm posting something factual, and not of a cheerleading sort, so hopefully it doesn't get censored or I get banned.

MVFC Passing Efficiency:
9. Davis, Ricky-YSU Jr 4 32-64-5 488 1 103.6
10. Mays, Nathan-YSU Fr 4 6-13-1 62 0 7 0 . 8

...no Wells

MVFC Total Offense
9. Davis, Ricky-YSU Jr 4 204 488 124 692 173.0

...no Wells

MVFC Passing Average/game
9. Davis, Ricky-YSU Jr 4 32-64-5 488 1 122.0
10. Mays, Nathan-YSU Fr 4 6-13-1 62 0 1 5 . 5

...no Wells

These stats were under the exact same receivers, o-line, OC...everything.

Some things are so obvious that they are unseen.  I seriously just want the sabotage and idiocy to end and the team to win.  If Davis is recovering, then fine, let him recover.  He contributed admirably.  Give Mays the start from now on.  A slim chance of success is > assured failure.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2016, 10:07:35 AM »
I'm posting something factual, and not of a cheerleading sort, so hopefully it doesn't get censored or I get banned.

MVFC Passing Efficiency:

...no Wells

MVFC Total Offense

...no Wells

...no Wells

Some things are so obvious that they are unseen.  I seriously just want the sabotage and idiocy to end and the team to win.  If Davis is recovering, then fine, let him recover.  He contributed admirably.  Give Mays the start from now on.  A slim chance of success is > assured failure.

Great post

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2016, 10:51:16 AM »

MVFC Passing Efficiency:

...no Wells

MVFC Total Offense

...no Wells

...no Wells

Give me another quarterback on our roster that would have been able to complete 67% of their passes against that Bison Defense? Mays? Ricky or Trent if healthy? Seriously doubt it.. And that came with very little time to throw..Be careful with what you wish for Nation

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2016, 10:59:05 AM »

MVFC Passing Efficiency:

...no Wells

MVFC Total Offense

...no Wells

...no Wells

Give me another quarterback on our roster that would have been able to complete 67% of their passes against that Bison Defense? Mays? Ricky or Trent if healthy? Seriously doubt it.. And that came with very little time to throw..Be careful with what you wish for Nation

The QB's could be better if we ran some simple slants, this to the TE and run a few screens AFTER we established the run with the QB under center

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 11:15:26 AM »

MVFC Passing Efficiency:

...no Wells

MVFC Total Offense

...no Wells

...no Wells

Wells is inferior by every passing stat even to our Freshman QB in the MVFC stats.  What about rushing?  All QBs from yesterday:

Stick  65 yards
Mays  26 yards
Wells  minus 34 yards....its the same as a player named Wells for NDSU having plus 34 yards rushing.

two games...no TDs...personally responsible for 4 turnovers....fumbling snaps in critical situations including on the 1 yard line yesterday.  Before the game, the one thing I said that the offense can't do is commit turnovers that give NDSU short fields, like Wells did with ISUb, cuz we can't overcome that, and Wells did that...twice.

If its not clear now, then it never will be. 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:24:47 AM by Penguin Nation »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »
nation, you just look for things and type. Yesterday's performance by Wells was the most efficient we have had all year. He 12 of 13 in the first half in the air. The result is still not there. Cripes sake man look elsewhere, or do you not have the ability to look at an entire team? BTW how come 3 or 4 posters (although some are the same person trolling) yet you are the only one I deleted a couple of posts? Obviously it is not your message.

You need to understand that this is a fan board and people do not want to see their coaches and administrators (or anyone for that matter) called names. You lack the ability to prove your case so you resort to name-calling. The O is not working so you should have all the ammunition you need without resorting to this.

Not that I would consider Coach M to be embattled ...but if he was, I would expect any decent head-coach to stand-up for his coach ...put this to bed and move on. This has to be done publicly of course. I am not sure Bo has this in him. Again, Montgomery is responsible for getting us into this and getting us out. I expect to hear my teams coordinators every week. Where is our media?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »

MVFC Passing Efficiency:

...no Wells

MVFC Total Offense

...no Wells

...no Wells

Wells is inferior by every passing stat even to our Freshman QB in the MVFC stats.  What about rushing?  All QBs from yesterday:

Stick  65 yards
Mays  26 yards
Wells  minus 34 yards....its the same as a player named Wells for NDSU having plus 34 yards rushing.

two games...no TDs...personally responsible for 4 turnovers....fumbling snaps in critical situations including on the 1 yard line yesterday. 

If its not clear now, then it never will be.

All  bs. MANY QB's have negative yardage on the ground. You see it in the NFL. He was responsible for 2 turn-overs yesterday ...but I guarantee you he feel responsible for all of them. So let's just go with "it never will be". You have your vision but you are a broken record. Wells is your QB ...sometimes we do not get what we want in life. I have to read your posts as I am a moderator.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2016, 01:30:10 PM »
Pelini made the decision to bring Wells back. Wells made a huge jump from last week to this week. On top of that it was against a good D.  Davis would have ran it till he gets hurt.  The radio crew called it Happy feet.  We need to use  Davis ala Pryor from Cleveland.  He would be a weapon.  Monty needs to see this.  I just want us to win.  We need to adjust to what we have in our roster.  We make it so easy for the other teams D.  Hunter can stretch the field we just missed on a couple long throws. This isn't rocket science. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 11:09:39 AM »
Pelini made the decision to bring Wells back. Wells made a huge jump from last week to this week. On top of that it was against a good D.  Davis would have ran it till he gets hurt.  The radio crew called it Happy feet.  We need to use  Davis ala Pryor from Cleveland.  He would be a weapon.  Monty needs to see this.  I just want us to win.  We need to adjust to what we have in our roster.  We make it so easy for the other teams D.  Hunter can stretch the field we just missed on a couple long throws. This isn't rocket science.

#6 given more than 2 seconds to survey the field is effective. But the O-line is very inconsistent. I've played both sides of the ball and O-line is not rocket science. This moving QB's is BS we can't gel etc! You either pull, block straight/stunt or protect. Friggen DIV 1 scholarship players  ???

Also seen someone say the kids don't respond to Bo because he yells to much (Woody Hays)?? Last time I checked this is football a hard nosed tough sport. It's not tap and dance or soccer! Next thing we'll have is a "safe zone" for football players  :o
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:11:05 AM by ysubigred »