YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Game week thread: YSU vs. SIU: Win 2 and Host or win 1 and get screwed!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Penguin Nation:
YSU minus 12.5.  O/U 50.5. 

Under seems like a reasonable choice.

Penguin Nation:
Sophomore QB Sam Straub replaced Senior QB Josh Straughan last week, and SIU gets their first MVFC win over USD.  The expectation is that Straub will start @YSU.  Straub's stats from last week:

Cmp   Att.   Yds.   TD   Int.   Long   Sack
Straub, Sam    19   34   339   2   0   49   1

penguinpower:
I think you are going to see us go to a pro set with QB under center.  Pelini hinted to the fact that the OL is weak in lateral movement.  The way to fix that is power football with a FB.  Lets see what the game plan is for this week.  We don't have a mobile QB.  Hunter got better from game 1 to game 2. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 07, 2016, 12:16:54 PM ---The least amount of points scored on SIU (3-6/1-5) was 17 by Murray State.  SIU is in the bottom three in every major defensive category.  Alumni playing this game should score on SIU.

The SIU offense looks like a mostly pass-oriented offense led by Senior QB Josh Straughan. Fortunately we have the Valley's best pass D and total D.

Massey gives YSU an 80% chance of winning and predicts a score of 28 (!) -17.  The spread is not yet available.

I don't see this going well for SIU.  It's true they beat USD and most of their losses were by one score.  We've got freaks on defense that are going to just shut them down offensively.  No matter who the QB is, we should at least get 2-3 rushing TDs.  YSU 24-10

--- End quote ---
2 points.  1st, our alumni offense is better than the current offense.  2nd 28 points is a LOT of punt returns and pick 6's in one game.  Not too sure about that!

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 08, 2016, 06:43:08 AM ---I think you are going to see us go to a pro set with QB under center.  Pelini hinted to the fact that the OL is weak in lateral movement.  The way to fix that is power football with a FB.  Lets see what the game plan is for this week.  We don't have a mobile QB.  Hunter got better from game 1 to game 2.

--- End quote ---
I agree, plus we can get the play action going..Wells just needs time to throw and survey the field

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version