YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Favorable Playoff Scenario

<< < (14/15) > >>

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: GOpenZ on November 19, 2016, 08:43:38 PM ---

Technically I say leave UNI out.  Over the years their Athletic Director held a position on the selection committee and voted to leave us out even when we had 7 division 1 wins. I believe that one year we had 8 wins and voted to leave us out.  Payback is a b****.

--- End quote ---

I believe the uni AD is actually on the committee this year.
[/quote]
False.... Missouri State's is, so the one who just saw what we are capable of has our back.

guinpen:
Well uni and WIU both lost, bummer

GOpenZ:
I tried to keep regional matchups as best as possible while still keeping conference matchups few and far between until the quarterfinals (not the easiest thing to do, and I made the assumption the Cal Poly holds on to win tonight):

1. NDSU (SE Louisiana @ Chattanooga)
8. North Dakota (Charleston Southern @ Richmond)
4. EWU (St. Francis @ YSU)
5. Citadel (Lehigh @ Villanova)

2. Sam Houston (New Hampshire @ Illinois St.)
7. SDSU (San Diego @ Cal Poly or Weber St.)
3. Jacksonville St. (Samford @ Central Arkansas)
6. James Madison (NC A&T @ Wofford)

Last in: New Hampshire, Cal Poly, Samford, SE Louisiana
First Out: Weber St., Albany, UT-Martin, Western Illinois
Other bubbles that may be burst: Montana, Maine, Duquesne, Fordham

Z

DavedS:

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 19, 2016, 10:13:10 PM ---Well uni and WIU both lost, bummer

--- End quote ---
UNI wouldv'e just been a wasted playoff spot. ;)

FOOTBALLFEVER:
What a great day to be a penguin fan!! It looks like only 3 teams from our conference will get in. I think Illinois St. is deserving to make the field, but the committee will probably see differently. This is just speculation, but I'm hearing SDSU and NDSU will be on the same side and YSU opposite. I've also heard the winner of the St.Francis/YSU game will travel to North Dakota. Eastern Washington will more then likely be the following game and will have the #2 seed. It's good to see the offense finally starting to click on all cylinders. I think that performance yesterday would have generated a good amount of points on just about anyone in today's field. The pieces are there for a deep run..I like our chances going forward..Enjoy today's show everyone!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version