YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Favorable Playoff Scenario

<< < (11/15) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-11-15/college-football-rankings-north-dakota-state-takes-top-spot-0 Final poll released

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 16, 2016, 06:33:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 15, 2016, 01:39:45 PM ---There is no point in arguing about which QB should be playing when none of them will improve past their sophomore year anyway.  That is how it has been for the last 7 years.  The QB's lose all of their instincts and previous coaching.

--- End quote ---
Since the W.V. game I have noticed teams have played Davis, Hosick, and Mays the same. They load up the box and give you the option of throwing if you dare. That  bottled up Ruiz and Webb in space and cut down the receiver's ability to block downfield. With Hunter they drop back more players in coverage and this allows Ruiz and Webb to get into space and it makes the receiver's and lineman's job much easier. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this is why we have had success on the ground the last couple of weeks. The good thing here is we are keeping our quarterback healthy and letting the running backs do what they were brought in to do

--- End quote ---

It is true our rushing yards have improved since Wells became QB, although Wells has faced lower ranked rushing Ds (2/3 games versus teams ranked in bottom 3 ). However, with Wells our passing yards are down.  In MVFC play, we averaged 158 passing yards/game pre-Wells, and 105 passing yards with Wells.  What makes those stats more compelling is that we got more passing yards pre-Wells with the top two pass Ds in the MVFC not named YSU (UNI and SDSU).

Wells most passing yards so far, 126 versus SIU (who has the worst pass D we've faced in conference play), is beat by every pre-Wells game sans one (UNI, the top pass D).

FOOTBALLFEVER:
222 NDSU you take what a defense gives you..Hopefully Ricky can return..Bo mentioned in his press conference yesterday that Ricky was going back in to see the doctor and if he can return you could see some similar packages like we had last year

ysuguins4:
Would be great to get Ricky some snaps before the playoffs.

IAA Fan:
I agree fever and 4 ...last year Ricky had more questionable passing skills, so it was pretty much a 90% chance that he was going to run. I feel that this is why Montgomery has called a couple of those the last 2-games with Mays and has been mostly successful In my opinion this is because they know Mays can throw. Now everyone knows Davis can throw ...so the success rate should be higher & he could easily step in for Mays or Wells.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version