YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Favorable Playoff Scenario

<< < (7/15) > >>

Wick250:
As of today, only two teams that are headed to the playoffs have exceptional defenses: NDSU and YSU.  Should UNI join the party, that would make it three.  A few others probably have good statistics but those are questionable because they play in bad conferences.  Jacksonville State in the OVC comes to mind.  Two highly ranked teams play no defense whatsoever, Eastern Washington and Sam Houston State.

Run the ball, avoid stupid turnovers, and continue to play our normal (exceptional) defense.  We will be a nightmare matchup for many (not all) teams in the tournament that are not our MVFC brethren.

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 14, 2016, 11:34:53 PM ---As of today, only two teams that are headed to the playoffs have exceptional defenses: NDSU and YSU.  Should UNI join the party, that would make it three.  A few others probably have good statistics but those are questionable because they play in bad conferences.  Jacksonville State in the OVC comes to mind.  Two highly ranked teams play no defense whatsoever, Eastern Washington and Sam Houston State.

Run the ball, avoid stupid turnovers, and continue to play our normal (exceptional) defense.  We will be a nightmare matchup for many (not all) teams in the tournament that are not our MVFC brethren.

--- End quote ---
I agree with this post 110%

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 14, 2016, 11:34:53 PM ---As of today, only two teams that are headed to the playoffs have exceptional defenses: NDSU and YSU.  Should UNI join the party, that would make it three.  A few others probably have good statistics but those are questionable because they play in bad conferences.  Jacksonville State in the OVC comes to mind.  Two highly ranked teams play no defense whatsoever, Eastern Washington and Sam Houston State.

--- End quote ---

As usual, well said Wick.  I was thinking the same thing.  I also think our running game will be a problem for other conference teams as well.

IAA Fan:
A Ferrari will never get good gas mileage, seat 4, or cost $12k as the Cobalt either. We all like to think we can afford a Ferrari, but the only way we get one is if it is broken ..this is FCS. Everyone thought NDSU had a Ferrari ...now look ...cannot find someone to take him. They need Ferrari money for a Mustang.

Penguin Nation:
Carson Wentz was/is a Ferrari.  We've got Ferraris too, with the #'s 3, 9 and 11 painted on the hood and doors.

Mays is still on the assembly line, and he may not turn out to be a Ferrari, but I'm pretty sure he's not a Cobalt.  I think he's got potential to be a Porsche 911 Carrera. Davis (pre-concussion) was a Jeep...willing to leave the safety of the garage (pocket) and go off road even if it meant a few dents and scratches.  Bo Pelini is a Abrams tank with an itchy trigger finger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version