YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Favorable Playoff Scenario

<< < (5/15) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 14, 2016, 11:38:41 AM ---I've heard from a very good source if we win this week it will be St. Francis at home..Then the winner of that game will travel to James Madison

--- End quote ---

I heard that ESPN will cover Round-I (which seemed unlikely previously) and the two scheduled games are at SDSU and at YSU. They will channel Richmond and/or Villanova to travel to the castle. If that is true then SDSU must have post-season lighting and I understood they did not meet the 100 candle-power requirement. I can look that up, should be posted somewhere. People at Montana are saying they will host SDSU.

IAA Fan:
Overall attendance was up this year and the 6-0 record benefited from that. I think we can do even better should the Guins win this weekend and bring a post-season game home with their "W".

go guins:
I can't help but chuckle a little bit at all the "hosting" questions for teams that don't yet have bids.  Let's not get the cart before the horse!

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Go Guins the bracket this year will be in our favor if we take care of business at Missouri St. Last year all the Missouri conference teams were put on one side of the bracket. This year NDSU and SDSU will be put on one side and the rest on the other side. Wouldn't it be fun to have a chance at the Bison or Jackrabbit's again in Frisco?

Penguin Nation:
Tressel was interviewed at halftime and said the time when your team peaks is critical.  This team peaked early in the season, I'd say WVU, and has fallen off since.  The last three weeks we've either lost or squeaked by the bottom teams of the MVFC.  The second round will be against a seeded team, and we've not been competitive in any of the games versus currently ranked teams.  Since we are barely beating ISUb and SIU, I don't think we'd again beat ISUr or UNI if we faced them again.  Playing with a QB who routinely gets negative yards rushing ( and still isn't ranked in the top 10 of any conference passing stats, although Mays is) is playing with one hand tied behind your back.  A Chevy Cobalt will never drive like a Ferrari no matter how much you drive it, or say it just needs more time (even though its had a ton of time.  *bad example...Cobalts are not stationary*

Only one team (Murray State) scored less on SIU than YSU. No one scored less than YSU against NDSU (MSU also scored 3).  No one scored less than we did against ISUb.  See a pattern? 

Compare that to #9/#10 WVU (8-1/5-1).  Only two teams so far scored more on WVU than YSU.

Round two can be won, but like Sun Tzu wrote, "the battle is always won or lost long before the armies take the field."  I want to be proven wrong, but this team can go deep this year, but won't unless you play with a QB with a complete skill set.  You can't limp and stumble your way into the playoffs with an offense ranked in the bottom two of the Valley in scoring O, passing O, and total O...and expect a round two win.

With Mays, we would've likely also beat SIU and ISUb, and lost to NDSU, but this kid with potential could've gained valuable experience before the playoffs.  Again, I want to be proven wrong, but we are doing everything we can to  prevent a deep run.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version