YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Favorable Playoff Scenario

<< < (4/15) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
For what it's worth I think Lehigh would be a much more entertaining game. Drive time is about 2.5 hours different then St. Francis

penguinpower:
I believe we are in regardless of the outcome next week.  The playoff bubble is a mess right now.  I don't think the team can risk it though.  There have been too man times where we've had 7 wins and were left out.  We don't have an FBS win so that also impacts is in the eyes of the committee.

The historical precedent had always been:  #of wins, timing of wins (that means they don't Li teams that lose in November), out of conference performance, and GPI (Grid Iron Power Index).  And then they apply their own arbitrary self interest calibration which is complete BS.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I've heard from a very good source if we win this week it will be St. Francis at home..Then the winner of that game will travel to James Madison

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 14, 2016, 11:38:41 AM ---I've heard from a very good source if we win this week it will be St. Francis at home..Then the winner of that game will travel to James Madison

--- End quote ---

For me, the important part of your post is “if we win"!  All this crap about "we're in already" doesn't sound very encouraging to me.  Every win we have is against and inferior opponent and we haven't done much against the teams better than us.  (played well against WVA but score doesn't say much)  With no "signature win" we can't take anything for granted.  This is an "Al Davis" week.   "Just win, baby!"

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 14, 2016, 11:55:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 14, 2016, 11:38:41 AM ---I've heard from a very good source if we win this week it will be St. Francis at home..Then the winner of that game will travel to James Madison

--- End quote ---

For me, the important part of your post is “if we win"!  All this crap about "we're in already" doesn't sound very encouraging to me.  Every win we have is against and inferior opponent and we haven't done much against the teams better than us.  (played well against WVA but score doesn't say much)  With no "signature win" we can't take anything for granted.  This is an "Al Davis" week.   "Just win, baby!"

--- End quote ---

I agree.  I was just stating that the bubble is a mess.  We would be an easy choice with 7 D1 wins

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version