YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Should Coach Pelini not bring back Coach Montgomery for the 2017 season?

<< < (4/6) > >>

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 07, 2016, 10:15:35 AM ---You can make a case for keeping Monty, you can also make a case for not keeping Monty, but this issue has almost -0- to do with Monty, it has to do with Pelini.  This switch to running QB's was Bo not Shane.  The total mess that is our offense is Bo's doing not Monty.

--- End quote ---

The head coach is the ultimate authority. I'm not sure how it works at YSU but before Bo the YSU offense could not do squat in big games.

Monty seemed to get Wolf fired  ??? "IF" he gets Bo the ax will he be the next HC since he is obviously loved at YSU  :o

IAA Fan:
Red. Wolf caused his own issues the day we had 30 players on defense walk from the team. Then for the next 4-years coach M put up record numbers while series of DC's were ineffective. I have seen what Montgomery can do ... you have seen what he can do ...Bo has not seen what Montgomery can do and the smartest thing Bo can do is back away and let Coach M do his job. With this defense, if we score all of our 30+ points in the first-half I will be laughing as the W's grow.

Montgomery did not want the HC job & he made that perfectly clear to the YSU administration. He would be a great head coach for us. You should further note that we had a coaching staff change and just because Montgomery was kept does not mean that he did not lose at least 1-year of recruiting; furthermore he now has to do the bidding of a new HC (not meant to be a bad thing). That is to have another coach come in and recruit players for you, then dictate your offense. The guy is doing the best he can under trying conditions. I am not giving Monty an excuse ...simply saying that he is responsible (in-part) for what is happening ...and he will do his part to help end it. Fans cannot even show respect for how much Wells improved in one week. So why don't we do our part?

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 07, 2016, 10:43:45 AM ---Red. Wolf caused his own issues the day we had 30 players on defense walk from the team. Then for the next 4-years coach M put up record numbers while series of DC's were ineffective. I have seen what Montgomery can do ... you have seen what he can do ...Bo has not seen what Montgomery can do and the smartest thing Bo can do is back away and let Coach M do his job. With this defense, if we score all of our 30+ points in the first-half I will be laughing as the W's grow.

Montgomery did not want the HC job & he made that perfectly clear to the YSU administration. He would be a great head coach for us. You should further note that we had a coaching staff change and just because Montgomery was kept does not mean that he did not lose at least 1-year of recruiting; furthermore he now has to do the bidding of a new HC (not meant to be a bad thing). That is to have another coach come in and recruit players for you, then dictate your offense. The guy is doing the best he can under trying conditions. I am not giving Monty an excuse ...simply saying that he is responsible (in-part) for what is happening ...and he will do his part to help end it. Fans cannot even show respect for how much Wells improved in one week. So why don't we do our part?

--- End quote ---

Your love fest for Montgomery makes me want to puke

YSUFANSINCE1990:
1AA you are so delusional.  How did it work out for Montgomery as head coach at Miami of Ohio?   He was fired!   The guy is a joke, has no clue how to use his talent and put them in the best position to win.

All our quarterbacks are regressing, not progressing.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 08, 2016, 08:14:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 07, 2016, 10:43:45 AM ---Red. Wolf caused his own issues the day we had 30 players on defense walk from the team. Then for the next 4-years coach M put up record numbers while series of DC's were ineffective. I have seen what Montgomery can do ... you have seen what he can do ...Bo has not seen what Montgomery can do and the smartest thing Bo can do is back away and let Coach M do his job. With this defense, if we score all of our 30+ points in the first-half I will be laughing as the W's grow.

--- End quote ---

Your love fest for Montgomery makes me want to puke

--- End quote ---

Your hatred for him makes me feel the same way. Do you deny anything I said? It is all 100% truth. As if I truly give a rat's a$$ who the OC is? I will still go about my work day, as will you.

So if it is all only about football then why do you not ask your HC to tell us what he thinks of Montgomery? I mean every coach in the country is asked about their coaches. I would also like to hear what Montgomery things of the job coach Carm is doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version