Poll

Should Coach Pelini not bring back Coach Montgomery?

Yes,  we need to not bring him back
15 (75%)
No,  we need to keep him
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: December 05, 2016, 06:09:11 PM

Author Topic: Should Coach Pelini not bring back Coach Montgomery for the 2017 season?  (Read 14138 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Should Coach Pelini not bring back Coach Montgomery for the 2017 season?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »
You can make a case for keeping Monty, you can also make a case for not keeping Monty, but this issue has almost -0- to do with Monty, it has to do with Pelini.  This switch to running QB's was Bo not Shane.  The total mess that is our offense is Bo's doing not Monty.

The head coach is the ultimate authority. I'm not sure how it works at YSU but before Bo the YSU offense could not do squat in big games.

Monty seemed to get Wolf fired  ??? "IF" he gets Bo the ax will he be the next HC since he is obviously loved at YSU  :o

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 10:43:45 AM »
Red. Wolf caused his own issues the day we had 30 players on defense walk from the team. Then for the next 4-years coach M put up record numbers while series of DC's were ineffective. I have seen what Montgomery can do ... you have seen what he can do ...Bo has not seen what Montgomery can do and the smartest thing Bo can do is back away and let Coach M do his job. With this defense, if we score all of our 30+ points in the first-half I will be laughing as the W's grow.

Montgomery did not want the HC job & he made that perfectly clear to the YSU administration. He would be a great head coach for us. You should further note that we had a coaching staff change and just because Montgomery was kept does not mean that he did not lose at least 1-year of recruiting; furthermore he now has to do the bidding of a new HC (not meant to be a bad thing). That is to have another coach come in and recruit players for you, then dictate your offense. The guy is doing the best he can under trying conditions. I am not giving Monty an excuse ...simply saying that he is responsible (in-part) for what is happening ...and he will do his part to help end it. Fans cannot even show respect for how much Wells improved in one week. So why don't we do our part?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:46:18 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 08:14:00 AM »
Red. Wolf caused his own issues the day we had 30 players on defense walk from the team. Then for the next 4-years coach M put up record numbers while series of DC's were ineffective. I have seen what Montgomery can do ... you have seen what he can do ...Bo has not seen what Montgomery can do and the smartest thing Bo can do is back away and let Coach M do his job. With this defense, if we score all of our 30+ points in the first-half I will be laughing as the W's grow.

Montgomery did not want the HC job & he made that perfectly clear to the YSU administration. He would be a great head coach for us. You should further note that we had a coaching staff change and just because Montgomery was kept does not mean that he did not lose at least 1-year of recruiting; furthermore he now has to do the bidding of a new HC (not meant to be a bad thing). That is to have another coach come in and recruit players for you, then dictate your offense. The guy is doing the best he can under trying conditions. I am not giving Monty an excuse ...simply saying that he is responsible (in-part) for what is happening ...and he will do his part to help end it. Fans cannot even show respect for how much Wells improved in one week. So why don't we do our part?

Your love fest for Montgomery makes me want to puke

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 08:24:04 AM »
1AA you are so delusional.  How did it work out for Montgomery as head coach at Miami of Ohio?   He was fired!   The guy is a joke, has no clue how to use his talent and put them in the best position to win.

All our quarterbacks are regressing, not progressing.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 10:22:50 AM »

Your hatred for him makes me feel the same way. Do you deny anything I said? It is all 100% truth. As if I truly give a rat's a$$ who the OC is? I will still go about my work day, as will you.

So if it is all only about football then why do you not ask your HC to tell us what he thinks of Montgomery? I mean every coach in the country is asked about their coaches. I would also like to hear what Montgomery things of the job coach Carm is doing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:56:28 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 10:35:38 AM »
1AA you are so delusional.  How did it work out for Montgomery as head coach at Miami of Ohio?   He was fired!   The guy is a joke, has no clue how to use his talent and put them in the best position to win.

Really. Obviously you speak having no idea of the recent history of Miami coaches. They had one coach with a solid record in recent history that inherited a team and left after one-season. One of the guys we all were hoping to get at YSU was a complete disaster at Miami. Coach M uses his talent better than most anyone, which is why we have had any success at all. Again, hopefully I will live long enough to see many OC's at YSU, but for now I like and support the one we have. Just a bunch of people who think that if you flush the toilet ... that means your sh** does not smell. As I have stated, I do blame the OC for where we are on O. I also blame the HC and position coaches. I also expect to see the OC get us out of this and so far he is the only one that I see doing anything (hands on) in that direction. I also expect to hear hi talk to us each week & coach Bo to update us. "Lot's of changes" one day after a game is not good enough.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 11:04:59 AM »

Really. Obviously you speak having no idea of the recent history of Miami coaches. They had one coach with a solid record in recent history that inherited a team and left after one-season. One of the guys we all were hoping to get at YSU was a complete disaster at Miami. Coach M uses his talent better than most anyone, which is why we have had any success at all. Again, hopefully I will live long enough to see many OC's at YSU, but for now I like and support the one we have. Just a bunch of people who think that if you flush the toilet ... that means your sh** does not smell. As I have stated, I do blame the OC for where we are on O. I also blame the HC and position coaches. I also expect to see the OC get us out of this and so far he is the only one that I see doing anything (hands on) in that direction. I also expect to hear hi talk to us each week & coach Bo to update us. "Lot's of changes" one day after a game is not good enough.

You're still ignoring the fact that our players do not get any better the longer they are in the system.

For a guy who is riding the success of Big Ben for all its worth, our QB's are dreadful. How can that be under his vast QB knowledge and tutelage? How can you blame anyone but him here?

He picked these players. Look around the country and you will find no shortage of other OC's who are killing us statistically in their first or second year. Why is that?

How can other programs bring in underclassmen at QB who are very successful, yet we can't get any of our 3 to pass for even 200 yards? This weeks opponent comes to mind. A soph who threw for 339 and 2 TD.

Why are our Qb's turnover machines yet this SIU kid lit it up? He ran for 68 yards and a TD too. 3 TD no turnovers. What was the last game our QB's accounted for more TD than turnovers? Is that acceptable?

Who recruited all of these lineman who have recently been noted as having sub par lateral movement? Is that important in his offense? If so how did this happen under his watch?

Please explain how this is reflective of a good OC I can't fathom it.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 11:09:13 AM »

Your hatred for him makes me feel the same way. Do you deny anything I said? It is all 100% truth. As if I truly give a rat's a$$ who the OC is? I will still go about my work day, as will you. I mean you have an HC that was basically run out of town and a DC that was photographed doing drugs with students and you are more concerned about a proven OC?

So if it is all only about football then why do you not ask your HC to tell us what he thinks of Montgomery? I mean every coach in the country is asked about their coaches. I would also like to hear what Montgomery things of the job coach Carm is doing.

Here is the deal...........if Bricillo reports to Montgomery, it is still Montgomery's fault. 

The OL is not athletic enough to run the type of offense he wants to run.  He needs to adapt to the strength of the player on the field, not to the effects of his system.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 11:21:16 AM »
You can make a case for keeping Monty, you can also make a case for not keeping Monty, but this issue has almost -0- to do with Monty, it has to do with Pelini.  This switch to running QB's was Bo not Shane.  The total mess that is our offense is Bo's doing not Monty.

Guess you haven't watched the last 5-6 years.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »

Your hatred for him makes me feel the same way. Do you deny anything I said? It is all 100% truth. As if I truly give a rat's a$$ who the OC is? I will still go about my work day, as will you. I mean you have an HC that was basically run out of town and a DC that was photographed doing drugs with students and you are more concerned about a proven OC?

Here is the deal...........if Bricillo reports to Montgomery, it is still Montgomery's fault. 

The OL is not athletic enough to run the type of offense he wants to run.  He needs to adapt to the strength of the player on the field, not to the effects of his system.

Could not agree more ...110% in your first sentence. I do not agree that you adapt you offense around any non-skilled positions. I look for accountability from all coaches, not just blindly say he is a good OC. I simply say that I know what he can do as an OC ...we all do. Now the O is having problems ...this has never been a long-term problem, yet a couple of people say that it is, when facts prove otherwise. Now the newest one is "...when playing good teams ...blah, blah, blah"; always a qualifier. Montgomery knows there is an issue, he knows where the problems lie ...at least in part... and he is searching for a solution. We have to trust that this is happening. What choice do we have 9-games into the season? But he does run a system & that must be allowed to continue.

Again, we could do a lot with a more open media presence with the coaches. Then again Tressel never did that and Bo only reluctantly at times with Nebraska. Perhaps we are better off not knowing anyways? However, an OC and a DC should be a highly visible position on the team and with the press.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 01:07:07 PM »
My point is, we welcomed coach Carl and you guys think that anyone with that last name "walks on water". Again, I am not going to treat you like a child okay. I have a 1-year old a a 4-year old in the house already. So stop ruining every thread. The very least you do is put one of your "probably patent-pending" fire Montgomery lines in there.

What aggravates me is you bully everyone on every thread with nothing to support your statements so you resort to name-calling. you say I do not know the facts about Carl? How come you can comment on Montgomery and not mention facts? Here is few for you::

Shane has been the OC for 6-years prior to this year. YSU has scored more than 3-TD or more on 53 occasions and had more than 400 yards of total offense 35 times; the Penguins have scored 154 rushing touchdowns and 110 passing touchdowns; YSU has thrown for more than 2,000 yards and rushed for more than 2,000 yards every year. YSU's completion percentage (pass) is 59.8% over that same time.  YSU has attempted more than 448 rushing attempts in each year and the lowest season passing attempts was 229 in his first-year.

This is indisputable and came from YSU and a couple of 3rd-party stats sites. So what has changed? New head-coach. So it is clear that Coach M can produce ...let's offer him our support instead of relentless "badgering".
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:19:17 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 03:11:34 PM »
1. You are dragging this out so my post (or portion thereof) is removed. Not because I have to, but rather you are making it worse.

2. Secondly, you have been trying to get banned for some time now ...simply so you can go on another more national chat board and be partners with Paladin. In fact that is really the only reason that I keep you on here ... to spite the two of you for attacking my board. You used to make good comments. I don't do this for my health and there has only ever been one person ever totally banned from this board ...your buddy. Even the obnoxious Captain Cat was only banned temporarily and must have had 100 complaints about him all in a 2-month period. Even Paladin was let back on 3 or 4 times.

So that is all I am going to say on the subject. So don't let the threat of bans or post deletions scare you or anybody else for that matter. You are the only person that is just ignorant when talking about people. You can bash the performance of Montgomery and Strollo all day for as much as I care. It is your name-calling that i will no longer allow. At some point ...too many complaints will come in. Just so I am not guilty of hijacking the thread ..we can move on.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:13:45 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 03:28:32 PM »
1. You are dragging this out so my post (or portion thereof) is removed. Not because I have to, but rather you are making it worse.

2. Secondly, you have been trying to get banned for some time now ...simply so you can go on another more national chat board and be partners with Paladin. In fact that is really the only reason that I keep you on here ... to spite the two of you for attacking my board. You used to make good comments. I don't do this for my health and there has only ever been one person ever totally banned from this board ...your buddy. Even the obnoxious Captain Cat was only banned temporarily and must have had 100 complaints about him all in a 2-month period. Even Paladin was let back on 3 or 4 times.

So that is all I am going to say on the subject. So don't let the threat of bans or post deletions scare you or anybody else for that matter. You are the only person that is just ignorant when talking about people. You can bash the performance of Montgomery and Strollo all day for as much as I care. It is your name-calling that i will no longer allow. At some point ...too many complaints will come in. Just so I am not guilty of hijacking the thread ..we can move on.

Who is this directed toward?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 03:45:02 PM »

Who is this directed toward?

Sorry, not you. That was meant for Nation. It just included some points that I think everyone deserves to see.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:47:31 PM by IAA Fan »