YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Guins vs. Bison: In game thread

<< < (12/14) > >>

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 05, 2016, 08:09:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 05, 2016, 08:03:25 PM ---post deleted. Has nothing to do with what the post was about. I said today's play calling was good. stick to the topic.

--- End quote ---

If you can't score the play calling is not good.  Perhaps the play calling is not good for our players.  Montgomery is so predictable that I called the draw on the first play of the second half.  NDSU knew it too.

--- End quote ---

Uh oh, watch yourself! Don't disagree too much or point out the obvious deficiencies of his boy Monty or he will delete your posts too.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on November 05, 2016, 10:00:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 05, 2016, 08:09:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 05, 2016, 08:03:25 PM ---post deleted. Has nothing to do with what the post was about. I said today's play calling was good. stick to the topic.

--- End quote ---

If you can't score the play calling is not good.  Perhaps the play calling is not good for our players.  Montgomery is so predictable that I called the draw on the first play of the second half.  NDSU knew it too.

--- End quote ---

Uh oh, watch yourself! Don't disagree too much or point out the obvious deficiencies of his boy Monty or he will delete your posts too.

--- End quote ---

Yes censorship because he is in denial of the obvious.  It isn't personal.  If it were a business he wouldn't make the cut.  The record is there to prove it.  2 big wins in 8 years.  2011 in NDSU and Pitt.  That's it.  Wish I could do two thing right in 8 years and still have a job.  The data isn't there to support the love fest and loyalty.  If he was so good he would coach the WR coach to get the WR's better.  He would also develop a QB, which I haven't seen.  No one has gotten better after their sophomore year under Montgomery.  No one.

YSU1:
Sad thing is they are losing fans as the interest wanes.  :(

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on November 05, 2016, 10:36:19 PM ---Sad thing is they are losing fans as the interest wanes.  :(

--- End quote ---

Great point.  I spoke to several devoted tailgaters and diehards that turned the game off because the offense was unwatchable.  That is telling in itself. Well coached offenses don't make the mistakes we make. Well coached offenses don't run the read option with an immobile QB.  But we did.  There is zero creativity too, especially in the red zone.

The worst part is that the pieces are there. And if anyone says that we don't have the talent.......that responsibility falls squarely on Montgomery's shoulders.

ytownchief22:
I turned it off. Couldn't watch anymore. Montgomery must go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version