YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Play-Off Committee announces block buster.

<< < (3/6) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 02, 2016, 10:00:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: lakesbison on November 02, 2016, 12:25:33 AM ---Just garbage programs in the fcs...geesh!!

Wish NDSU UNI Youngstown Montana could join a FBS group

--- End quote ---

Agreed

--- End quote ---
DISAGREE
Look at the mess Akron has themselves in with trying to maintain a 1-A program.  Youngstown would be WORSE, not better.  This would be a disaster for YSU.  Perhaps you guys would like to get a map out someday and put pins in Fargo, Missoula, Cedar Falls, and Youngstown.  Please note, the pins are all in North America (barely in the case of Fargo)  This assocation makes absolutely NO sense.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Never thought I would say this, but it looks like just 4 teams from our conference will be getting in..NDS, SDS, WIU, and YSU. S.D. would more then likely have to win out with 2 of their games  being against N.D.S. and S.D.S..Should be interesting

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 02, 2016, 10:51:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: lakesbison on November 02, 2016, 12:25:33 AM ---Just garbage programs in the fcs...geesh!!

--- End quote ---

Agreed

--- End quote ---
DISAGREE
Look at the mess Akron has themselves in with trying to maintain a 1-A program.  Youngstown would be WORSE, not better.  This would be a disaster for YSU.  Perhaps you guys would like to get a map out someday and put pins in Fargo, Missoula, Cedar Falls, and Youngstown.  Please note, the pins are all in North America (barely in the case of Fargo)  This assocation makes absolutely NO sense.

--- End quote ---

I think you missed Lakes point. I believe he was leaning towards regional groups. YSU= MAC etc,,

Penguin Nation:

--- End quote ---

Agreed

--- End quote ---
DISAGREE

--- End quote ---

YSU does not meet the FBS requirement of 15K average attendance, and prolly can't afford 82 scholarships (let alone FCOA scholarships).  Most MAC schools are on an unsustainable fiscal path and can only run up the credit card so long.  My guess is a few MAC schools will stay FBS, but most of the conference will drop to FCS, and invite YSU to replace a school that stayed FBS....prolly w/in 10 years.

The MVFC schools that already offer FCOA (NDSU, INU, and USD) have no biz being in a subdivision with nonscholly and partial scholly schools.  It's ridiculous.  I think the G5 and top FCS schools should merge, and most of the FCS drop to D2....and eliminate the Dayton rule.

Regarding the OOC schedule, a win over RMU (Sagarin #225) or Duquesne (#193) does not equal a win over EWU (#77) or Montana (#105).  The pollsters know this, and the selection committee is saying as plainly as they know how that they acknowledge this.  By scheduling OOC cupcakes, moRon is sabotaging our playoff ambitions.  The rationale that "we might lose if we play legit FCS schools" is a the same as claiming we do not deserve to be in the playoffs.  There is no glory in beating partial scholly NEC schools, and it does not prep us for conference play.  It is an absurdity from every aspect.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 03, 2016, 10:35:31 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Agreed

--- End quote ---
DISAGREE

--- End quote ---

YSU does not meet the FBS requirement of 15K average attendance, and prolly can't afford 82 scholarships (let alone FCOA scholarships).  Most MAC schools are on an unsustainable fiscal path and can only run up the credit card so long.  My guess is a few MAC schools will stay FBS, but most of the conference will drop to FCS, and invite YSU to replace a school that stayed FBS....prolly w/in 10 years.

The MVFC schools that already offer FCOA (NDSU, INU, and USD) have no biz being in a subdivision with nonscholly and partial scholly schools.  It's ridiculous.  I think the G5 and top FCS schools should merge, and most of the FCS drop to D2....and eliminate the Dayton rule.

Regarding the OOC schedule, a win over RMU (Sagarin #225) or Duquesne (#193) does not equal a win over EWU (#77) or Montana (#105).  The pollsters know this, and the selection committee is saying as plainly as they know how that they acknowledge this.  By scheduling OOC cupcakes, moRon is sabotaging our playoff ambitions.  The rationale that "we might lose if we play legit FCS schools" is a the same as claiming we do not deserve to be in the playoffs.  There is no glory in beating partial scholly NEC schools, and it does not prep us for conference play.  It is an absurdity from every aspect.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you, I'd like to see better OOC's, but it don't seem to add up with Massey's rating for SOS?

YSU's SOS is ranked #7 nationally in FCS.

http://masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2016&sub=11605

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version