YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Play-Off Committee announces block buster.

(1/6) > >>

ELPENGUIN:
1AA just heard this on the NDSU forum. Can you research this for clarity. I often miss  what I look at.
Morehead State Athletic Director Brian Hutchinson, the new chair of the FCS Playoffs Committee, dropped the bomb that the committee would be releasing a WEEKLY RANKING on its top ten before Selection Sunday.
The first reveal comes on THURSDAY.

Three points the chair stated in the interview with NDSU broadcasters were 1. Looking to possible start of another bracket.  2. In the tournament the committee will attempt to avoid conference matchups and regional matchups. 3. Games won (strength of schedule) especially the out of conference games (dismissed are games against Division II and NAIA teams) are very important since once the conference schedule begins the strength of conference schedule is all they have to work with. Playing teams such as Eastern Washington and Montana and winning are extremely important.

Remember their are 24 teams selected now but the top ten teams in the early poll certainly meet the criteria now for selection by the NCAA committee. This will be the  first time revelation of where teams stand is publicized well ahead of selection Sunday.

Penguin Nation:
How does a top 10 list help anything other than revealing who might be seeded?  NC A&T is 7-1 and ranked #10.  Of course they'll be selected.  Why not have a top 30, and see who is on the bubble?

--- Quote from: ELPENGUIN on November 01, 2016, 04:49:59 PM --- 2. In the tournament the committee will attempt to avoid conference matchups and regional matchups.
--- End quote ---

About damn time

--- Quote from: ELPENGUIN on November 01, 2016, 04:49:59 PM ---3. Games won (strength of schedule) especially the out of conference games (dismissed are games against Division II and NAIA teams) are very important since once the conference schedule begins the strength of conference schedule is all they have to work with. Playing teams such as Eastern Washington and Montana and winning are extremely important.

--- End quote ---

shhhh...ppl get their panties in a bunch when you criticize our OOC schedule, the moRon who schedules it, and its negative impact on playoff selection. 

IAA Fan:
I will see what I can find. SOS has always been a component. What people were lobbying for is to have the FBS games dropped along with the sub-DI games ...but the committee seems intent on keep all DI classified as is, despite obvious disadvantage of FCS as compared to FBS.

The ranking really means nothing if it is not in a bracket. That I find hard to believe will happen. DIII has the best model and I would suspect this is where we are going as well. They do not even look at teams initially, everything is location and region and conference ...as it should be. It hurts the stronger conferences though, but gives a much more fair approach to participation. Look at the increased performance of the Big South as they gained more exposure to the play-off. Two teams a serious discussion. On the other hand it is clear that some conferences are simply deeper than others.

The only moron will be the one that considers OOC schedule more important than (or even near equal to) conference schedule.

penguinpower:
They are finding a way to leave us out.

ytownchief22:
Well, Bobby Morris and Duquesne aren't going to help us any. Thanks Strollo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version