YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Road Warriors: Youngstown St Penguins vs North Dakota St. Bison game week thread

<< < (9/11) > >>

YSU45:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 04, 2016, 11:46:00 AM ---I am going to go out on a limb and predict 28-24 Good Guys. The best D we have had (by far) was Heacock's 1994. They set an NCAA record that may still stand at 8.5 (or 9.5) points-per-game allowed. I hope it was 1994, I will need to look that up. This year we have a D that is predominantly over-achieving and an O that is predominantly under-achieving. Overall I really expect Carl's D to be even better (or at least more talented) next year, but we lose a couple of ends that this year's D is built on; so we do not want to blow the opportunity those two afford us. On O, we need to trust the staff and see if this line and Wells can get it together. I would like to see the offense stay with select receivers that are used to Wells throwing. I love Jodi, but perhaps we try sets where he is not a 1st-down back. Ryan's hands are pretty good. I do not expect Wells to light the world on fire this weekend, but I think he will improve this offense. Again ...special teams is everything tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

1994 was the BEST DEFENSE at YSU!!  I might be a little bias!

ytownchief22:
NDSU 24

YSU 13

Penguin Ice:
Win the battle up front and control the time of possession.
YSU. 16
NDSU  14

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSU45 on November 04, 2016, 02:54:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 04, 2016, 11:46:00 AM ---I am going to go out on a limb and predict 28-24 Good Guys. The best D we have had (by far) was Heacock's 1994. They set an NCAA record that may still stand at 8.5 (or 9.5) points-per-game allowed. I hope it was 1994, I will need to look that up. This year we have a D that is predominantly over-achieving and an O that is predominantly under-achieving. Overall I really expect Carl's D to be even better (or at least more talented) next year, but we lose a couple of ends that this year's D is built on; so we do not want to blow the opportunity those two afford us. On O, we need to trust the staff and see if this line and Wells can get it together. I would like to see the offense stay with select receivers that are used to Wells throwing. I love Jodi, but perhaps we try sets where he is not a 1st-down back. Ryan's hands are pretty good. I do not expect Wells to light the world on fire this weekend, but I think he will improve this offense. Again ...special teams is everything tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

1994 was the BEST DEFENSE at YSU!!  I might be a little bias!

--- End quote ---

You earned the right!

lakesbison:
ndsu 27
ysu 9

i changed my prediction after seeing NDSU Warming up.... they are fired up!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version