YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Road Warriors: Youngstown St Penguins vs North Dakota St. Bison game week thread

(1/11) > >>

YSUGO:
Big game, I feel we have a good chance. Their QB has struggled the past 2 weeks.  If we can stop their running game i don't think their QB can beat us.  We played them well last year. 

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I have to give the Bison credit because they find ways to win, but so do we. Five of their wins have been close with two of them going to overtime because of failed field goal attempts by the opposition in the end of regulation. I just see some uncharacteristic things with their offense I haven't seen in recent years. Their defense has improved from the start of the season. It should be a fun week, I see they have started a thread on Pelini to know one's surprise ☺

IAA Fan:
YSUGO is spot-on. We always match-up better with NDSU than SDSU. The Bison play the old D-II flower offense ...everything unfolds from the center. It will allow us to play with the safeties a bit more.

Wick250:
I agree with YSUGO.  Stopping, or at least reasonably containing, the NDSU running attack is the key to the game.  On paper, this looks like a terrible matchup between our offense and their defense.  Don't think that we can run the ball against them, and we apparently can't pass against anybody.  There is only so much that you can ask from any defense.

YSUGO:
I watched the press conference.  2 things.  Pelini said Davis will be back at practice and Wells is the QB for now. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version