YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

HUNTER WELLS

(1/9) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
   I am hearing from someone very close to the football program that Hunter Wells may play, even start on Saturday.  Pelini swallowed his pride and went to Wells and asked him to re-consider leaving the program and come back.

Apparently after looking at the film. Pelini came to the conclusion that Davis is not the answer, and Mays is too young and not ready, and that Wells gives us our best chance to make a deep run into the playoffs.

I think it is up to Wells whether he wants to return for 4 games and the playoffs, with no guarantees.   He now has two years left to play elsewhere, if he returns he loses his junior year.

Should be interesting.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on October 25, 2016, 10:21:09 AM --- 

I think it is up to Wells whether he wants to return for 4 games and the playoffs, with no guarantees.   He now has two years left to play elsewhere, if he returns he loses his junior year.

Should be interesting.

--- End quote ---
Somewhere else had no guarantees either, and YSU offers a pretty good bet at a playoff position and wherever else may well not have that either.  He goes P5 like some here have suggested and there is a damn good chance he sits both seasons. 
Anybody watching the last 3 years and has a minimum amount of football sense knows Davis can't play, and anybody watching Mays few plays plus his high school highlights has no reason for optimism either.
I love wishful thinking and in sports it is great. I am rooting for the Tribe and I know Chicago is far better, but the coach has to be realistic.

Penguin Nation:
The shoulder is magically better.  It's a miracle!  Wells drops on the depth chart, develops a shoulder injury, soon afterwards Bo says on the radio unequivocally "its fine", but despite not playing its again a problem, so much so he doesn't dress for games or travel with the team.  We know of Davis's normal knee MRI, Trent's radiographic findings of a displaced right clavicle fracture requiring surgery, but no word on the diagnostic studies or treatment on this player who is so limited he doesn't dress for months.  All I've heard is it clicks.  Sometimes mine does too.  My understanding is all season he is attending YSU on a full scholarship.  If he's truly injured and there's CIA-like secrecy about it, then fine, I wish him a full recovery.  If he "opted out" and decided he could not compete with Trent and Ricky, decided not to contribute to the team, and also decided to redshirt in anticipation of a transfer, then that's poor form.

All of that aside, what kind of magical thinking would lead one to conclude that this year will be better than last year?  Last week we had 6 sacks and 7 TFLs, and we're going with an immobile QB with a poor passing efficiency? 

It is so preposterous that I don't believe this rumor is true.  P5? Is that supposed to be serious?

penguinpower:
All I can say is that there the coaches have some sanity.  Looks to be true.  WOW!

HappyPenguin:
If this does happen I think its fair to say that this was handled very poorly. When are they expecting to add a QB that fits the scheme they want to run?

Anyway, does anyone know who is running first team offense in practice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version