YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Indiana St. game week.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Penguin Nation:
YSU favored by 16.5.  O/U 52.5.

Geez..a three score favorite.  As much confidence I have in a victory, I'd stay away from both the spread and the O/U.  SDSU only minus 6.5 @ISU r.....very tempting.

I'm not saying the team should lounge, drink beer, and binge Netflix.  I'm just saying it's a great opportunity to address weaknesses and work on fundamentals with a new QB.  These are skills he will need in the playoffs.  Similarly, I thought Davis should've started the MO St game last year for similar reasons. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 24, 2016, 02:02:43 PM ---YSU favored by 16.5.  O/U 52.5.

Geez..a three score favorite.  As much confidence I have in a victory, I'd stay away from both the spread and the O/U.  SDSU only minus 6.5 @ISU r.....very tempting.

I'm not saying the team should lounge, drink beer, and binge Netflix.  I'm just saying it's a great opportunity to address weaknesses and work on fundamentals with a new QB.  These are skills he will need in the playoffs.  Similarly, I thought Davis should've started the MO St game last year for similar reasons.

--- End quote ---

I LOVE the under.  52-1/2???  No way ISU scores 17, so maybe 14 max, that means YSU scores 38 and I still win the under?  Anybody see this team scoring 38?  No, me either.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 24, 2016, 03:36:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 24, 2016, 02:02:43 PM ---YSU favored by 16.5.  O/U 52.5.

--- End quote ---

I LOVE the under.  52-1/2???  No way ISU scores 17, so maybe 14 max, that means YSU scores 38 and I still win the under?  Anybody see this team scoring 38?  No, me either.

--- End quote ---

You are prolly right, but the least points ISUb has put up this year is 22.  Their offense doesn't suck.  I know our offense has its issues, but I would not be surprised if multiple RBs, including even Alessi, take it to the house.  Even Butler put up 25 on the Trees. If we can't at least match Butler, we have some serious soul searching to do. If I had to throw out a prediction, I'd say 35-17....just under by a d hair.

I think its a risky bet.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 24, 2016, 03:36:07 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I laughed so hard at that. Yeah, unless the offense magically kicks into high gear and stays that way for playoffs (highly unlikely, but an awesome scenario) no way YSU gets 38. Realistic number, and this is probably pushing it, is like 21. Thats still kinda higher than I would expect  :-[

Wick250:
At the midway point in the league season, conference-only statistics start to have real meaning.  Now our offense has been terrible.  No argument there.  But consider that in the three game stretch against Illinois State, Northern Iowa, and South Dakota State we went up against the #5, 2, and 4 defenses respectively.  Discounting NDSU, we now get to go up against the #7, 8, and 10 defenses that break down like this:

(conference games only.)

Indiana State       yielding 31.8 points and 411.0 yards
Southern Illinois   yielding 35.0 points and 437.2 yards
Missouri State      yielding 37.5 points and 456.8 yards

If the offense can not move the ball and score against these guys, then their act of sabotage will be complete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version