YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Indiana St. game week.

<< < (3/6) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Let's not forget this team has beating us the last two years and I look for a real challenge this Saturday. They are sitting at 4-4 with 2 very close loses against quality MVC teams..This is their playoff game and they know it. They lead the conference in first downs and know how to keep the chains moving. This really concerns me because of the lack of offensive output we are getting. Currently we are a 3 to 1 ratio run/ pass in conference and that's why we lead the conference in rushing, but our yards per carry average is starting to go down..if they can find ways to get off the field on 3rd down and they have their offense in high gear it could be interesting..at this point I'm not really sure we have the offense to put 20 points up on them

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 24, 2016, 05:24:09 PM ---Let's not forget this team has beating us the last two years and I look for a real challenge this Saturday. They are sitting at 4-4 with 2 very close loses against quality MVC teams..This is their playoff game and they know it. They lead the conference in first downs and know how to keep the chains moving. This really concerns me because of the lack of offensive output we are getting. Currently we are a 3 to 1 ratio run/ pass in conference and that's why we lead the conference in rushing, but our yards per carry average is starting to go down..if they can find ways to get off the field on 3rd down and they have their offense in high gear it could be interesting..at this point I'm not really sure we have the offense to put 20 points up on them

--- End quote ---

Our yards per carry went down last week because the bonehead passed the ball too early

go guins:

'Our yards per carry went down last week because the bonehead passed the ball too early"

HUH?  Our yards per carry went down because we were beaten up front most of the day.  Don't forget, our yards per carry the week before were, what 3.6?  that 22 play drive was because we were "3 yards and a cloud of dust".  and we ended up going on a couple of 4th downs just to barely get 10.  Against good competition our OL has been marginal at best.  QB's under pressure, not much running room.  "Throwing early" is a weak attempt to transfer blame to the OC from the OL.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 25, 2016, 10:18:06 AM ---
'Our yards per carry went down last week because the bonehead passed the ball too early"

HUH?  Our yards per carry went down because we were beaten up front most of the day.  Don't forget, our yards per carry the week before were, what 3.6?  that 22 play drive was because we were "3 yards and a cloud of dust".  and we ended up going on a couple of 4th downs just to barely get 10.  Against good competition our OL has been marginal at best.  QB's under pressure, not much running room.  "Throwing early" is a weak attempt to transfer blame to the OC from the OL.

--- End quote ---

What I'm saying is that running the ball takes time....time to wear on the other teams.  Against UNI we didn't run well until the second half.  We shouldn't have abandoned the run so fast.  That is my point.

go guins:

--- Quote ---
What I'm saying is that running the ball takes time....time to wear on the other teams.  Against UNI we didn't run well until the second half.  We shouldn't have abandoned the run so fast.  That is my point.

--- End quote ---
We didn't run well early with Davis on the field.  When Mays came in the team kind of said "we should win this game, and we are going to win, we have to do it ourselves"  We played really hard the second half, but I think it was our emotion for Mays much more than wearing down UNI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version