YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Indiana St. game week.

(1/6) > >>

YSUGO:
Time to move on.  Looks like they like to throw. 

Penguin Nation:
Massey gives us the strongest probability of a win versus ISUb than any other team we face the rest of the season, and only predicts one more loss, and we are heavily favored in all remaining non-NDSU games.  Our only losses are to undefeated #10/#9 WVU, and the assumed MVFC 2016 champs SDSU who have defeated the reigning FCS champs.  Not bad...but not great....we still expect championship caliber teams.

Offensively, ISUb has more passing yards than SDSU, but is last in the MVFC in rushing offense (we are first).  ISUb leads the conference in first downs, but we've allowed the least.  Interestingly, their sophomore QB Isaac Harker, has minus 75 rushing yards.  For comparison, Streveler from USD has +479.

Defensively, ISUb has allowed more rushing TDs than any other Valley team. They've allowed 19, we've allowed one.  ISUb has allowed the most TDs (34), we've allowed the least (12).  We still have the top Valley total D and passing D.  ISUb is last in red zone D, we are #9  :o .  Butler scored 25 on ISUb, and MO St 45.  ISUb is as opposite to YSU as it can be in terms of strengths/weaknesses.

We will be in the playoffs this year, and seeded if we run the table.  Now is the time to prepare for the playoff run.  I'd let Davis rest, and start Mays.  I'd focus on fundamentals with Mays, reading defenses, going through progressions, and limiting turnovers.  We should have >35 minutes in TOP.  The DEs had no sacks last week.  I'd work on harassing Harker all game.  Good opportunity to work on pass D.  Good opportunity to address some serious deficiencies offensively so we can move toward NDSU and the playoffs in the best possible shape.

Wick250:
Nation pretty much nailed it.  Three out of the four remaining opponents are bad teams.  Time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, roll up our sleeves, and get better.  I would also start Mays as Davis might be best equipped to come off the bench, just as he did several times last season.

YSU1:
The Penguins have to win in October and November to get to the play-offs.  There are no easy games in our conference.

go guins:
I think we should cancel all the games and just go with this Massey guy.  If he was that good, you guys would all have Trump/Clinton money betting on the games! 

YSU1 has it 100% correct, there are no easy games in the MVFC.  This instant we think ISU is easy, it's 5-3 for the season!  With our offense, every game is going to be close even if we pitch a shutout!   The last couple games we are averaging 12 points a game.  I don't see how we can score many more without help, so you get a pick-6 (something we seem to give up a lot) or a punt/kick return or a 65 yard TE drag accross the middle like Saturday's first play and you're in a 1 score game is a big quick hurry.  Look at what the buckeyes did Saturday night.  Couple mistakes and ballgame.  We have no cushion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version