YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Post- game Thoughts Jacks 24-10 over the Penguins.

<< < (2/9) > >>

penguinpower:
We have the worst QB in the conference as a starter.  We have an OC that decided to pass the ball against a team we could clearly run against causing the defense to tire out because they were on the field all day.

IAA Fan:
I still will add in some defense of Davis ...he got nothing up front today ...in terms of pass protection.

Wick250:
I am really not interested in opinions; rather I want facts that are backed up by empirical data.  In this case, the facts prove that this offense is inept, and that our shortcomings on that side of the ball are sabotaging a wonderful defense.  We can vent for hours about this performance, but this fact will not change.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Buddy on October 22, 2016, 06:26:30 PM ---This game was lost in the first 5 min.  The game plan was thrown out the window and we tried to plat catch up.  Should have run first then passed.  We all saw it Hannon and Samarone saw it.  Sad.....

--- End quote ---

Pretty much says it all

Penguin Nation:
SDSU is going to Frisco.  This was a respectable loss to a quality opponent on their Homecoming Day in front of a near sell-out.  Unless there's a meltdown, we are in the playoffs..and seeded if we run the table.

Take away the two short field SDSU TDs after YSU turnovers, and this game is tied.  We had twice as many penalties.  Much of the damage was self-inflicted.

Davis is not the same after the recent injuries.  He received those injuries being an all-in player sacrificing himself for the team.  But he's not the same...I'd let him cool off and start Mays for ISUb.

It's not all the QB. 6 sacks and 7 TFLs? The o line also was responsible for some terrible penalties.

I have no idea why McCaster doesnt start.

Our Achilles heel...again...is the offense.  Monty is the FB Slocum.  We will not reach Frisco with Monty as OC.  Fire Monty now so we at least have a shot before Bo leaves.

SDSU has FCOA schollies, and a huge recruiting advantage.  It may be that w/o FCOA, we'll never be top tier in the MVFC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version